• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody waiting for Star Wars: Revelations?

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
Well, the movie is up for free downloading since yesterday. It's 250 MB, and it's quite good, in my opinion. I certainly enjoyed watching it. :D
If you're interested, click the link in the first post of this thread. But bring some patience, it might be down temporarily. Download the movi with GetRight or similar download managers, they give you a list of mirrors on the site as well. Movie is available as .wmv or .mov format. The .wmv lends itself nicely for re-encoding as SVCD with good results.

It made me think of a group of very dedicated Star Wars gamers bringing their biggest and best adventure to the screen. :)

Lazybones

Adventurer
Grabbed the torrent. It was fun, certainly not something I would pay for, but I didn't consider it a waste of my time. I also enjoyed the fan films "Troops" and "Contract of Evil".

Revelations has been getting slaughtered over at Slashdot. I agreed over there that the acting wasn't very good, but for what it was, it was enjoyable. The FX were outstanding and a good indicator of how the film medium will change (IMO) as technology makes storytelling in this area more accessible to more people.

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
For a movie made on all volunteer effort, I'd say I'm quite impressed. Though, at the same time, the actors didn't seem to be having much fun with their roles- especially the one who played Zhanna, who was potentially the most interesting character. But just to see Corellia in a movie, it was sweet- as was the shipyard battle. Good stuff. I hope the director goes far... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads