• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone have an alternate Gnome?

kramis

First Post
I think the core rules gnomes are pretty lame, and the rule abilities don't seem so inline with the idea of gnomish society (why plus to con instead of dex for small nimble creatures, and why all these fighting bonuses when they love jokes and illusions?).

I want to play a gnome illusionist, but by the core rules a halfling would make a better illusionist than a gnome.

So, I was wondering if anyone else had felt similar and bothered to work up an alternate gnome and if so I'd like to see it for some ideas. Thanks.

Crothian

First Post
Give +2 to Int, a -2 to wisdom.

Lose the +1 to attack koblods and goblins. Loose the +4 dodge bonus verse giants.

Grant +2 to spellcraft and knowledge arcana checks instead.

Limper

First Post
Start your gnome out as a cleric, pick the Gnome (frcs) and Illusion (frcs) Domains then become an Illusionist. I believe this makes all you Illusion spells +2 Caster Level, Spell and Greater Spell Focus Illusion, Prodigal Illusionist and you have one wicked gnome illusionist.

Traditionally Gnome had quite the hard on for the destruction of kobolds and goblins. Yet more DnD holy beef.

If you swap the Con bonus for a Dex bonus I think its still rules balanced.

Wolf72

Explorer
Arcain GaNomez:

+int/-wis, +con/-str

Use Magical thingee to blow up own party ... always a class skill

no speaking with lesser creatures!

those are the changes hope they make sense (if not I'll clean it up for ya)

from Wyvern 291 1/2

Limper

First Post
Officially called Prodigal Caster its from the big book of Faerun. Can only be taken at level one adds +2 to ones attribute for casting purposes only (DCs and bonus spells).

It comes in as many flavors as there are casters.

The whole uber-illusionist works best with a point buy system. If you have an 18 int on your gnome lvl1 illusions witha DC of 20 after greater school focus, if you use Montes book of Eldritch Might, Amulet of the Arcanist will bump that another 2 points for a whopping 22 DC lvl one illusion.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads