• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone Own or Have a Favorite FLGS?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It's particularly silly when stuff is shipping from Seattle. It's a three hour drive, and that's only because Seattle's traffic sucks.

Here's my store's website, if you're curious to see pictures. Just a small place: Hourglass Comics & Games. I'm not proud of the website, but I am proud of the store. I've had it for almost 29 years.
That’s fantastic! That’s 3/4 of my life! Lol

Very cool.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My local comic book store and game store has a good e-commerce setup, free shipping on orders of $100 and are pretty good at getting preorders together:

doctorbadwolf

My local comic book store and game store has a good e-commerce setup, free shipping on orders of $100 and are pretty good at getting preorders together:

Nice! I’ll keep them in mind for stuff my local store is oddly late on.

I wish I knew why.

doctorbadwolf

It's most of mine too! I'm "only" 48! I was 19 when I started. My daughter is 18. She says "Only one more year before I have to own my own business, or fail to live up to my father!" (She's kidding, of course. Our family does not pressure. She can do what she likes.)
Hah! that’s awesome.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
For many years, my favorite was Pegasus Games in Madison. But now it has rivals with Noble Knight and I’m Board, in Fitchburg and Middleton, respectively. Noble Knight is the one closest to the house, so it might now edge the other two purely on convenience. It’s also massive (being adjacent to a distribution warehouse for games).

doctorbadwolf

For many years, my favorite was Pegasus Games in Madison. But now it has rivals with Noble Knight and I’m Board, in Fitchburg and Middleton, respectively. Noble Knight is the one closest to the house, so it might now edge the other two purely on convenience. It’s also massive (being adjacent to a distribution warehouse for games).
Good to know! Thanks!

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
These guys are my local. Fun fact, I was their #2 employee back in 1991. They do pre-orders, esp for D&D books. They don't have much in the way of indie rpgs. Their ecommerce site looks like it doesn't frequently get updated, at least for D&D (shows Radiant Citadel and Spelljammer as still being pre-orders)

doctorbadwolf

These guys are my local. Fun fact, I was their #2 employee back in 1991. They do pre-orders, esp for D&D books. They don't have much in the way of indie rpgs. Their ecommerce site looks like it doesn't frequently get updated, at least for D&D (shows Radiant Citadel and Spelljammer as still being pre-orders)

Yeah I’m learning that game stores vary wildly in how things are run. Still, I’ll keep them in mind!

Remove ads