D&D 4E Anyone playing 4e at the moment?

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
I'd also like to be playing 4e right now. 5e never grew on me, even with all the changes of late.

If you have any WotC supplied adventures, ritually burn them before you start play and never ever use them!

Oh, I don't know. Some were very useful to me, but mostly to steal the plot, and fixing in the way that fitted the gaming group.

And yes, the late adventures are very good. They learned what the system could do very late in the life of the edition.

GreyLord

Legend
I like the delves and such more than the set adventures generally, though I also like the living campaign adventures (you can buy many of those on DMsguild).

Dungeon Delve was great, and several of the other books had delves you could put the PC's through as well.

Due to external circumstances I had to drop from gaming for quite a while. Just recently a friend started a 1e campaign, and I joined to play. After some talking we're going to run a 4e game again. Probably start in early February. So I'll be running again very soon.
Cool. Now and then there's some talk of a 4e campaign, haven't actually got close to getting one going.

kronovan

Adventurer
I recently ran a 4e campaign using the Fantasy Grounds VTT. My campaign was thematically titled Venturing into the Vale and was set in the Nentir Vale. It involved a party meeting at my homebrewed Twenty League House, which if you know the Vale, is on the Trade Road about midway between Five League House and the Thunderspire.

The party has been sent a letter from Copernicus Jinx -Alchemist of Fallcrest- contracting them to adventure to the Necropolis of Andok Sur and retrieve a mysterious substance. The party was supposed to be receive a follow-up message from a courier, which would reveal what the substance is. Due to unforeseen events, said courier never arrives and part of the challenge -maybe even fun- :) of the early adventuring is investigating and sleuthing out what the substance might be.

At that adventures conclusion, I had about 5 other locations around the Vale that the party could adventure to. Most of which are discovered through follow-up offers in letters from Copernicus Jinx. I homebrewed most of those, but 2 were pre-writtens that I found out about in some Points of Light document I stumbled upon. The best of my homebrews was a journey to the Temple of Yellow Skulls, which was a temple in one of the Abysal Plague novels.

The campaign was for a group that really likes playing 4e combat encounters, so the whole thing was combat heavy. They really didn't want to do a lot of social roleplay, so I went with the gimmick of a patron sending them a steady stream of offers. In some ways it resembled a hex crawl, but location crawl would probably be a better description - used the Journeying rules from Adventures in Middle Earth.
This is the map I created for the early campaign. There were lots of lairs and threats the party could stumble upon or seek out on their journey from 20 League Hose to the the Necropolis. So many points were revealed on that map and many encounters were fought.
Andok Sur.JPG

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I recently ran a 4e campaign using the Fantasy Grounds VTT. My campaign was thematically titled Venturing into the Vale and was set in the Nentir Vale. It involved a party meeting at my homebrewed Twenty League House, which if you know the Vale, is on the Trade Road about midway between Five League House and the Thunderspire.

The party has been sent a letter from Copernicus Jinx -Alchemist of Fallcrest- contracting them to adventure to the Necropolis of Andok Sur and retrieve a mysterious substance. The party was supposed to be receive a follow-up message from a courier, which would reveal what the substance is. Due to unforeseen events, said courier never arrives and part of the challenge -maybe even fun- :) of the early adventuring is investigating and sleuthing out what the substance might be.

At that adventures conclusion, I had about 5 other locations around the Vale that the party could adventure to. Most of which are discovered through follow-up offers in letters from Copernicus Jinx. I homebrewed most of those, but 2 were pre-writtens that I found out about in some Points of Light document I stumbled upon. The best of my homebrews was a journey to the Temple of Yellow Skulls, which was a temple in one of the Abysal Plague novels.

The campaign was for a group that really likes playing 4e combat encounters, so the whole thing was combat heavy. They really didn't want to do a lot of social roleplay, so I went with the gimmick of a patron sending them a steady stream of offers. In some ways it resembled a hex crawl, but location crawl would probably be a better description - used the Journeying rules from Adventures in Middle Earth.
This is the map I created for the early campaign. There were lots of lairs and threats the party could stumble upon or seek out on their journey from 20 League Hose to the the Necropolis. So many points were revealed on that map and many encounters were fought.
View attachment 271122
I love the Nentir Vale. Such a great little setting.

Remove ads