• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone tried the new RuneQuest II from Mongoose?

ToddBS

Explorer
Just trying to see if anyone has picked it up and at least read through it yet. The previews look solid, but there is yet to be a single review posted on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I just bought the first edition of MGR, but I plan to check out the newest revision when time and funds permit. My primary interest in MGR, though, is not as a system for roleplaying in Glorantha, but as a more fantastic BRP alternative that I can use with the CoC Dreamlands sourcebook to create an utterly alien swords and sorcery experience.

As much as I love CoC, I think that the system is pretty much crap for playing in the Dreamlands (which are equal parts surreal fantasy and heroism that the CoC rendition of BRP uttterly fails to capture). My plan is to use the basic character creation rules from MGR, plus the new skills from the Dreamlands book, to better model the Dreamlands as I have come to think of them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads