• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Appeal to Support EN World!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As you probably know, EN World is a very popular website - and it costs a LOT of money to keep running from month to month. To that end, there are a bunch of "monetized" aspects to the site - from Community Supporter accounts to EN Publishing products and advertising opportunities.

Unfortunately, revenue from all areas has dropped to almost nothing in recent months. This may be because of the economy, or some other factor, but it's certainly taking its toll! Unfortunately, costs haven't reduced to compensate!

So this post is an appeal of sorts. If there's anything EN World offers that you've been putting off buying, or if you weren't aware of the range of things we do to raise funds, think of this as kind of a reminder. Naturally, EN World will always be free to use; these things are, and always will be, optional; but we very much appreciate when folks choose to spend some of their hard earned gaming budget here on EN World and help keep this site running!

With that in mind, here's a brief breakdown of the various things we do to raise funds. If any of these appeal to you, please do not hesitate! We appreciate that in this economic climate there are fewer funds to go round, but we'd ask you to consider whether you get enough from EN World to consider investing in it as part of your gaming budget, and whether the site's existence has as much value to you as, say, another RPG book or some miniatures.

• First up, we have EN Publishing, EN World's publishing arm. EN Publishing produces a bunch of stuff. From EN World's affiliate storefront on RPGNow, you can buy PDFs for both 4E and 3.5 - over the years we've produced over a hundred of them! Not least of these is the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga, a 12-part adventure path, which is available in both D&D 3.5 and 4E versions! But that's not all - ENP has produced dozens of excellent sourcebooks for D&D 3.5, some of which are critically acclaimed, and many of which have been bestellers in the past.
  • Community Supporter Accounts are another great way to support the site. They get you a few perks such as use of the search feature, a custom usertitle and avatar, and allow you to switch off ads. And, even better, there's a special sale on for EN World's 10-year anniversary if you pick up the 3-year Community Supporter Account!
  • Advertising! If you're a publisher or retailer, you may appreciate the advertising opportunities EN World has to offer. From banner ads to ads in a targetted newsletter going out to nearly 85,000 RPG fans, you can use EN World to get you message across and support the site at the same time.
  • Our RPGNow affiliate store is another way to support the site. If you're buying a PDF from RPGNow or DTRPG, consider using EN World's affiliate store instead. It's the exact same store, with the exact same products for the exact same price, but EN World gets a small percentage of the sale - essentally enabling you to support the site at no cost to yourself! Alternatively, if you use EN World to link to one o these stores, xonder linking to the EN World affiliate store instead of the main store. It costs you nothing, but we get a small kickback!
Please consider these options - and remember that every little helps, especially in this economic climate.

Finally, if you are feeling particularly generous, we are always very grateful for donations! We can accept them via PayPal to russmorrissey@gmail.com (if you have a couple of useless dollars hanging around in your PayPal account, this is a good way to get rid of them!)

Alternatively, simply click on the button below to donate. You DON'T need a PayPal account - a debit or credit card will be fine!

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope it hasn't been too intrusive, and that you consider diverting some of your gaming budget towards your (hopefully!) favourite RPG website!

Last edited:

LATurner

First Post
Suggestions

I gladly bought some items yesterday to support ENWorld. While doing this I found several things that could have prevented me from doing this if I hadn't been so determined to help out!

1. I browsed the EN Publishing site over a period of about two hours. Halfway through, my shopping cart's contents disappeared. I had not restarted my web browser or computer. I was frustrated but I pressed on.

2. At the checkout screen, several of the lines were VERY hard to read. The yellow bar at the top of the screen sometimes flashes information, but frankly I never was able to read it because the font was a hard colour to read on the yellow, and it faded away so fast. The line to choose kind of payment is almost impossible to read, and the Paypal option has a font on a background that is not easy to read at all.

3. When I tried to email Morris about these issues, I got a bounce message that his email is over quota... which admittedly isn't a problem to do with the site. :) I also had to search and search before I found a way to submit feedback about ENWorld. I decided to directly email and then got the bounce.

I hope everything works out!

xidoraven

Explorer
This has not been intrusive or intolerable at all. I hope that it makes an impact. I am about to get some money coming my way, and I am in the process of writing material compatible with the Pathfinder RPG, so I will look into some of your 3.5 products - and best of luck to you all! There are some WONDERFUL and AMAZING people that are on this site, not to mention a TON of creative work and networking being done here. You deserve it.

I found this through a link by Wolfgang Baur on facebook under one of his wall photos. Keep it up, everyone!!! :D We will make it through this, and anything else that comes our way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads