• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Appearance Altering Ideas?

RFlatstone

First Post
Charwoman Gene said:
Original Spell research.

Duh.

You know, I thought that, too, but part of me hoped that there was a simpler answer I was just overlooking. Like I said, it seemed like such simple thing on ther surface of it. It's not like I'm talking about 1st and 2nd level charcters here. The wizard is 11th and the dragon, frankly, can be any level I choose (and will be, depending on what level the party is by the time they get to this adventure). So you can imagine my surprise when I looked at the duration of the existing simple illusion spells and saw there was still no simple way to do an all day illusion. I mean, for the wizard, this is a simple Cantrip, for pity's sake. You mean to tell me (under 3.5) that my wizard can have an Unseen Servant dust his entire tower from dusk 'til dawn, but he can't hide the bags under his eyes past breakfast?!

I understand; they lowered all the durations because the didn't want most spells lasting for more than one encounter. It's just that it's not all about combat, you know?

RFlatstone

First Post
Patlin said:
Persistent Alter Self would be a 24 hour duration, though personally I'd rather keep 4 Extended Alter Self spells memorized than use an 8th level slot and an extra feat.

Anyone for Polymorph Any Object?

Maybe I'm just not well versed in 3.5, but "Persistent"? What's that?

Patlin

Explorer
RFlatstone said:
Maybe I'm just not well versed in 3.5, but "Persistent"? What's that?

Persistent Spell is a metamagic feat that changes the duration of certain spells to 24 hours, but at a +6 spell level. Persistent Alter Self would therefore be an 8th level spell.

It's a very swingy feat. On almost every spell it's nearly useless, but on a few spells it's so good a lot of people consider it broken.

RFlatstone

First Post
Patlin said:
Persistent Spell is a metamagic feat that changes the duration of certain spells to 24 hours, but at a +6 spell level. Persistent Alter Self would therefore be an 8th level spell.

It's a very swingy feat. On almost every spell it's nearly useless, but on a few spells it's so good a lot of people consider it broken.

Woa. Cool. Thanks.

Remove ads