April AL Releases

warfteiner

First Post
Parts of the Glumpen Swamp and the Quivering Forest have been transported to Barovia, and are now located in the Svalich Woods. And devlin1 is correct: "There's no going back. Not until Strahd allows it."

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Is there more information on the "part of the Realms gets sucked into Barovia" part? The only indication I've found is in Suits of the Mists when Sybil says "We've arrived". Is that it?

That's pretty much it in the published adventure. Check out the Adventurers League Organizers page for more info.

And on the Orasnou map there's a road leading to the Quivering Forest or the Glumpen Swamp. What if the players take one of those roads? There back in Faerun?

Nope -- they find themselves either on a road toward another village in Barovia, or walking into the choking mists of Barovia. The only way to get back to Faerun is to either defeat Strahd (in the CoS hard-cover adventure), or find another exit (in an AL adventure).

Note: [sblock]there are no exits in any of the currently released adventures as of this writing.[/sblock]

How about buying Curse of Strahd? Will I find more information in it?

You will find a map of Barovia in Curse of Strahd, but it's not written for the AL, so there is no AL-specific information on it, including the village of Orasnou.

It's been stated in a number of different places, though, that the section of the Quivering Forest transplanted into Barovia is in the north-western portion of that map, and Orasnou is near there.

warfteiner

First Post
For what it's worth....

People have been aggressively buying the new adventures, and while we appreciate it -- we also want to reward it! One of my design philosophies is to keep expanding on content. DDAL4-02 The Beast ticked through Copper Metal and Silver Metal status rankings on dmsguild.com pretty quickly, and is now cruising along at Electrum Metal!

Basically, any time my projects hit each of those tiers, I release updates for them. Sometimes it's adding new custom art, or maybe it results in me adding whole new sections to the original file. In this case, I wanted to shed some more light on the forest surrounding Orasnou and how the Forgotten Realms have fared. This adventure was limited to two hours, so some of that up-front content ended up on the cutting-room floor and I went for the "stranger in a strange land" vibe a significantly faster than I normally would.

I have an update doc that includes some AL-specific campaign setting information, a selection of story hooks, a map of Orasnou, NPC summaries, and more on the way. The other admins are reviewing it and we're aiming to post it soon!

Warfteiner, would these updates also be made to the version that FLGS receive? If not, would the update document at least be made publicly available so that both files can be viewed while running the game?

warfteiner

First Post
The file will be posted on dmsguild.com for all people to use, but it is not needed (though helpful). Because of how dmsguild.com is set up, it will *not* be added into the original 4-2 download but will have to remain as a distinct entry in that system.

Remove ads