• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

April and Beyond is up

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
EPIC FAIL!

Dear WoTC,

Stop selling me this gamer lifestyle BS and start selling me product! Hell isn't that what your article was meant to be: A UPCOMING PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT PAGE? If so, then why not fill it up with hints about those future DnD products that were just placed on Amazon? That would be a better use of space then using it to write a blog entry about what video games you play while you are masturbating on the internet as a way to validate your writer's worthless existence. I REALLY hate blogs and thus, now I am beginning to hate you, and what you are becoming...

So you know, If I wanted to live a gamer life style I'd be raiding in WoW or PLAYING VIDEO GAMES AT THIS VERY MOMENT because unlike DnD, and MtG there is not stigma placed on playing those games. However, because I play DND I think you should know that the reason why I clicked on your APRIL AND BEYOND article was because I WANTED TO READ A PRODUCTS ANNOUNCEMENT NOT READING YOUR CRAPPY GAMING BLOG THAT WAS DISGUISED AS A PRODUCTS ANNOUNCEMENT!

Sorry WoTC, but I expected better from you. If this is the direction that you are taking 4e and it's online content, then you are DEAD to me. I really enjoyed playing your game, but now PIAZO is looking so much sweeter..

PS: I'm aware that your writer was not literally masturbating while playing those games he mention, or at least I hope he wasn't. However, I do believe that blogging is a form of 'intelectual' self gratification, which would mean that he did technically, and metaphorically, masturbate.

Last edited:

Drkfathr1

First Post
I'm really puzzled by the vast shift in tone/style on the Wizards site. It all began with Gleemax and is supposed to be such a big part of 4th edition, but who is this appealing too? What market research led to this?

I've been playing D&D for over 20 years, and none of this appeals to me. I'm sure its easy to hand-wave that away as: "you're not their target", but if not someone like me, then who?

Do they really think they're going to rope in a whole new generation of players with their newfound l33tness?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Drkfathr1 said:
Do they really think they're going to rope in a whole new generation of players with their newfound l33tness?
To give you some statistically insignificant data on this: I'm twenty, on the verge of becoming 21. And I'm not thrilled at all. Ditto for my non-ENWorld-roaming friends who play D&D.

Cheers, LT.

sckeener

First Post
I'm still disappointed in the digital Dragon and Dungeon magazines (if you want to call them that)

If I was Paizo, I'd be feeling this way (see picture)

Attachments

• om20080407-1.gif
    om20080407-1.gif
    10 KB · Views: 125

Dice4Hire

First Post
Ouch, what blather.

You would think they would at least plug the few products that are coming out / came out this spring, to garner some gamer dollars. A total waste f an article, unfortunately.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
sckeener said:
I'm still disappointed in the digital Dragon and Dungeon magazines (if you want to call them that)

If I was Paizo, I'd be feeling this way (see picture)
Ozy and Millie FTW.

All I can say is that I read some posts on this thread and then clicked on the preview page with the idea, "... I can't be that bad, can it?"

But, yes. Yes, it can. Yuck.

Davewolf said:
Truly epic fail...
There's an understatment if ever I heard one.

I'm of the opinion the guy that wrote this so-called "previews article" should be taken outside and given a sound drubbing.

If you want to blog, then run a frakkin' blog! When we click on a previews article, we want to see previews for the product that the company is producing, not dig through innane prattle about stuff that isn't in any way, shape or form related to the prodcut you're supposed to be previewing!

That said, the only thing I found of value was the Threats of the Galaxy snippet, and I opted to just copy'n'paste the relevant text and hyperlink to the .pdf file to hopefully spare others this train wreck of an "update."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads