• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aquatic Campaigns

hamishspence

Adventurer
Wight whales not technically possible

Seems like a shame to waste such a pun, but the wight template in Savage Species is humanoids only. Of course, the DM might still have ideas, customising it.

I kinda like Grassy Gnolls from Munchkin.

Aeolius

Adventurer
hamishspence said:
I kinda like Grassy Gnolls from Munchkin.

And what do you call a gathering of lacedon? Why, a flock of sea ghouls, of course! ;)

Now that the holidays are over, I thought I'd jumpstart this thread.

Wolv0rine

First Post
I know I'm late to the party and all, but as far as potions underwater goes, I'd be inclined to switch liquid potions for pills/gelcaps.
Then again, come to think of it, it's kind of odd that there are no arcane pills floating around D&D...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or at least Alchemical powders...not that those would be effective underwater...I'm just saying.

Given what is known about cone snails and the various medusans, I could see intelligent creatures creating barbed harpoons that have poison bladders attached to them, so that when there is a successful strike, the poison automatically injects itself.

I'd expect "biotech" to be more common.

I'd expect underwater denizens to use more 3 dimensional fighting tactics.

Remove ads