[Aquerra Player's Guide Preview] I Just rolled a d20!

Ciaran

First Post
The spells finally take their turn in the limelight! Excellent! My thanks to nemmerle for accepting my spell submissions and taking the time to hammer them out with me at work. For those of you who haven't read his Story Hour, he runs some great games in Aquerra, and it's a privilege to play in his world. (And no, I'm not just saying that to suck up to the DM. :D )

By the way, nemm, that's an outdated version of Coldstar you posted. I believe I uploaded a more recent version of the spell list last week, which should have the accurate text.

- Eric

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Oudated version of Coldstar?

I never saw a revised version. . . :D Or at least don't remember doing so. . . If you have it with you post it here.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
I've got a request:
Mardaluk's Monstrous Meteor of Mayhem

(What a great name :D )

Attachments

• noimage.png
    noimage.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 19,496

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
RogueJK said:
I've got a request:
Mardaluk's Monstrous Meteor of Mayhem

(What a great name :D )

This is another wild spell. . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mardaluk’s Monstrous Meteor of Mayhem
Evocation [Wild]
Level: Wild 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 1d4 x 5’ / level
Duration: Instantaneous
Knockdown: d12
Saving Throw: Reflex (see below)
Spell Resistance: Yes

Upon casting this spell you choose one visible target and then roll for the spell’s range. If the target is within the spell’s range a green glowing meteor about 1 foot in diameter goes flying unerringly at it doing 1d30 hit points of damage. If the meteor reaches the end of the determined range without striking its intended target it explodes into a number of fragments equal to the amount of damage rolled, spreading out in a 15 foot radius. A number of creatures equal to the number of fragments within the burst radius (starting with the closest) must make a Reflex save or take 1 point of damage. If there are more fragments than there are creatures in the area, the extra fragments just disintegrate when they reach the edge of the radius. The material components for this spells are a small lump of green clay and a pinch of sulfur.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Word of Freedom is actually one of the spells available on the website right now (along with a handful of others).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word of Freedom
Evocation
Level: Freedom 2
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft./3 levels)
Area: 5 ft. square / 2 levels
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell was rediscovered and researched by Nyasanu Free, a friar of Nephthys. He first heard of such a spell from tales of priests of Nephthys of old, and prayed to Nephthys to reveal the secret of this power to modern priests of the goddess of Freedom. When the Word of Freedom is spoken, all ropes, binds, chains and cuffs on sentient beings drop off, pop open or fray to release the bound people. This includes all binds that hold people together or keeps them bound to a solid object, or even a Web spell.. There is no upper maximum of people that can be freed by this spell as long as all to be freed are within the area of effect. This spell has no effect on doors, door locks or bars. In the case of magical bonds, the caster must make an opposed level check (against the effective caster level) for the binds to fall away. However, has no effect on spells or spell-like effects that hold or paralyze.
The only requirement for this spell is for the priest to be able to speak clearly, as to enunciate the Word of Freedom. If this spell is cast by a Sixth Level or higher Friar of Nephthys who is bound by chains, with himself as the center of the effect, one of the chains immediately becomes a holy symbol of Nephthys; a link becoming inscribed with an ankh.

Remove ads