Arcana of The Ancients: 5E Sci-Fantasy From Monte Cook Games Launches On KS

Monte Cook Games' 5E "Science Fantasy Sourcebook", Arcana of the Ancients, has launched on Kickstarter.

Monte Cook Games' 5E "Science Fantasy Sourcebook", Arcana of the Ancients, has launched on Kickstarter.

a85679dec8265e58ed2e2efe15e18765_original.jpg

"Arcana of the Ancients is a sourcebook for 5th edition players and GMs to bring the wonders of mysterious technology and weird science-fantasy elements to their traditional fantasy campaigns. Designed by Monte Cook, Bruce R. Cordell, and Sean K. Reynolds, all of whom have years of professional design experience working on the world's most popular roleplaying game, this gorgeously illustrated hardcover sourcebook gives you everything you need to add a whole new element to your 5E game."

It's $50 for the hardcover, or $20 for the PDF. If you want to play Numenera with the 5E rules, this looks like the way you'd do that.

lkj

Hero
Apparently those two new stretch goals were pretty appealing. They hit their next one in about a day and a half.

I'm guessing that most of this is excitement about the possibility of the Numenera 5e setting rather than the core book expansion they just hit. But it's nice to see that they're cruising now.

AD

Reynard

Legend
So math wise All PDFs plus physical main and bestiary is just below All In... I think I am going to have to up my pledge once the setting book is funded.

lkj

Hero
Well, now that I've backed the thing and become a shameless shill, I'll mention that they are only a few grand from funding the Numenera campaign setting conversion, which would make the full haul: 1) Main Arcana of the Ancients book; 2) A bestiary, and 3) a campaign setting. (As well as the deluxe version of the book, but that's not new content)

They are also doing a signed poster giveaway for folks who share the campaign:

https://gleam.io/jhBDX/arcana-of-the-ancients-signed-poster-giveaway

AD

lkj

Hero
For those who are interested, here's where they are in terms of what's coming out of the kickstarter:

1) Core Book-- with two additional adentures and a bunch of cyphers (magic items) unlocked through stretch goals. Also producing a fancy version of the book
2) Monster Book
3) Campaign setting book converting the Numenera 9th world campaign setting.

Next stretch goal
-- Adventure path (new book). They will also provide what is needed to run this adventure path in a standard Numenera campaign.

AD

Reynard

Legend
4 books and PDF versions for 160 ain't a bad deal in my opinion.
I dropped out in the wake of the Fantasy Grounds Unity KS announcement. While I am interested in AotA, I am absolutely certain to actually use FGU. Limited funds and all. I'll definitely take a look at the main book when it comes out though.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I dropped out in the wake of the Fantasy Grounds Unity KS announcement. While I am interested in AotA, I am absolutely certain to actually use FGU. Limited funds and all. I'll definitely take a look at the main book when it comes out though.

That makes sense to me.

The AotA really exploded as it nears the end. So I imagine there will be plenty of product for you to check out when that time comes.

lkj

Hero
Indeed. They knocked out the adventure path book as well as a conversion guide pdf of some other Numenera book yesterday. So we're up to four books (not counting deluxe book) and a pdf conversion guide. The next stretch goal is a substantial beefing up of the monster book (from 'over 100 monsters' to 'over 150 monsters'). And they're half way there on that goal already this morning.

Be curious if they get to a stretch goal after the monster expansion and whether it will follow the pattern of being another book or just an increase of an existing one. At this point, mostly all good to me as I think we've hit that critical amount of material to make it worth it already. I'm a 'shrug' on the deluxe version of the book and don't know if I'd buy the other Numenera book to make the conversion guide worth it. But otherwise, pretty happy.

AD

Remove ads

Remove ads