Arcane Might Part 1: The Search for Home (Still running)

shaff

First Post
after contemplating it for a while, and fighting with his stomach, Armel decides he wants some of the bread with honey as well, so he asks the server to bring bread for our tables on his tab. He also tells the party that their bills have already been taken care of by himself, and to order whatever they want on his tab.

LazarusLong42

First Post
Serei sits, poring over some ancient scroll, attempting to decipher it and not getting as far along as she might otherwise like. She sits oblivious for about thirty seconds before realizing the barmaid is looking straight at her. "Oh! Mea culpa. I'll have a bowl of the stew, and the strongest tea you can make for me. And tell the proprietor I'll be happy to sing for my supper if he wants."

She turns back to the scroll. "Though I'd like to figure out this little poem, first. Hrm. Alteia. What is that... marshmallow?"

OOC: (1) Yes, she's a bit bookish. (2) She didn't really say mea culpa... but she said the equivalent in Old Thorass. Serei often confuses people that way. (3) For those wondering about the marshmallow: Click here

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Lugash

"I don't recognize the term 'Alteia,' must be one of the thousands of languages I don't speak," Lugash says, feet still atop the table.

"Have we made any progress on a plan?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Lugash please... We're eating. can't you let this go for a moment? Kavernus says around a piece of bread. There is a time and place for everything and this crowded tavern is not one of them. He goes back to eating. taking dainty bites and making (rather anoying) 'yummie' noises.

Zhure

First Post
Lugash

"That's choice, someone telling me to be less serious." Lugash stares at the ceiling for awhile, then motions the barmaid to refill his glass.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Myrkskog enters, a tall thinly built Elf, possessed of a graceful almost overly-casual gait. Dressed in russet browns and a grey cloak, Myrkskog grinned and waved at the assembled Mages, then quickly made his way over to them and sat down.
'Hoy, fellows...and lass.' the Elf winked at Serei. 'Any news regarding a potential Spot for the Fastness, eh?'
The Elf looked about, then smiled as he spied Samoth among the rafters with the other Owls of the band. The Elf snickered for a moment wondering if they were in charge, or if the Familiars were, as the three Owls looked down impassively at their Masters.Signaling the barmaid, Myskskog said 'I'll have beer...and pie, Shepard's or some other with a bit o' meat. Oh, and I'll have...um, a slice of cherry or apple pie as well, if you have it.' It seemed to the others that the Elf ate nothing but pie...one wondered if he might soon research a way to make beer pie, so as to have that in a crust as well.

OoC:I am in San Francisco, PST. Oh, and I 'call' limegreen as my coor :D

Last edited:

shaff

First Post
Armel addresss the party...
"after we get done eating and finsh our mugs, what say we ask around town about a certain... not as good as it should be fortress that needs to be taken care of....
im sure we can find someone is this GLORIOUS city that knows of one somewhat nearby..."

Last edited:

LazarusLong42

First Post
"I think Kavernus has the right idea, gentlemen. Let's finish our lunch, then go elsewhere and see what we can't find out. With those men over there... well," Serei says, lowering her voice, "drunk as they may be, they can still hear us, and I'd rather not have random stevedores broadcasting our plans throughout Waterdeep."

"After lunch, we should try to determine who might be able to give us--or, at least, sell us--the information we need." As her stew comes, Serei places the scroll back into her haversack and digs in.

OOC: Bardic knowledge check: does Serei know anyone/know of anyone who might be 'in the know,' as it were?

Last edited:

shaff

First Post
as armel bites into his bread with honey, he says in a low voice...
"maybe after we finsh here, we should go to the local law enforment office to see if there happens to be any warrants out for local people of extrodinary evil, or something to that effect. Maybe we could get a new fortress and put a little money in our pockets for the future "add-ons to our future home. Never overlook the obvious, the jail would be a great place to start our search for the answers we are looking for."

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Lugash the Fair

"Fantastic ideas! Law enforcers will know... hmm, I bet there are some paladins wandering around champing at the bit waiting for evil-doers and ne'er-do-wells to get a comeuppance. I say we start at a temple."

Remove ads