• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcanis: The Spear of the Lohgin

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"Apropos!" Visha calls. "After that one!" He points to the one that is escaping.

Maintaining concentration on the swarm.

Apropos' strategy will hopefully be to dismount or otherwise immobilize the one that is running.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Round Four

Apropos - 18
Gideon - 15
Solonir - 11
Visha - 10
horsemen - 8

Apropos takes wing after the fleeing rider and swoops down on him, striking with one claw. The rider flinches but continues on his way.

(Apropos: 12 and 17 to hit, 2 points damage)

Gideon approaches the horse and calms it quickly. With the rider distracted by the bats, the horse naturally follows his lead.

(Gideon: 17 roll + 11 Handle Animal = 28)

Solonir leaps forward next to him and strikes at the fighter with his sword. His sword bites deeply into the rider's chest, and he slumps on the horse, dead.

(Solonir: 18 to hit, 10 points damage)

Visha maintains his concentration on the swarm (do you want to send it at a new target?)

One of the entangled riders finally manages to free himself. He breaks east, between buildings and into some fields. The other two are still trapped.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"After him!" Visha yells to the swarm, pointing for the man who escaped the entangling plantgrowth.

Maintaining concentration on swarm.

Zerth

First Post
Solonir moves to engage one of the still entangled riders. He tries to grapple the rider and pull him off the horse.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Round Five

Apropos - 18
Gideon - 15
Solonir - 11
Visha - 10
horsemen - 8

Apropos attempt to unseat the southernmost rider, but fails.

(Apropos rolled a 7 on his Str check vs the horseman's Ride check result of 12)

Gideon mounts a horse and charges the fleeing bandit. He narrowly hits the man, slicing a wide but shallow cut down his back.

(Gideon: 14 to hit, 8 points damage)

Solonir recovers his bow and trains it on the two remaining bandits in the entagled area.

Visha's swarm of bats fly after the bandit in the field. They fly past Gideon and begin to surround the bandit, but do no damage.

The last two bandits are still entangled in the vines.

The bandit in the field drops to his knees, trying to fend of the bats. He curls up on the ground and screams, "I give! Mercy! Please spare me!"

The bandit riding south draws a dagger and throws it at Apropos. He misses, and his dagger sails somewhere to his left. He looks ahead and sees a figure approaching....

Having risen early, Cadwyn had gone for a walk south of town. As he is returning, he sees a ragged looking warrior riding hard toward him. He sees Apropos make a pass at the man, but miss. Columns of smoke can be seen trickling above the horizon.

(Cadwyn's initiative is 24, so he will act first next round)

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
OOC: I don't want to risk being entangled so change the previous action to move where he dropped the bow and pick it up.

After retrieving his bow Solonir stands guard near the entangled riders. He speaks to them in cold, demanding voice: "Don't even think about it. When the spell's duration ends, you will drop your weapons and dismount." Pointing at the two dead bandits with his sword the elf continues: "Or suffer the same fate as your foolish companions."

OOC: Intimidate check.

Blockader7

First Post
Cadwyn pulls out his rope and grappling hook and prepares to use it against the rider, anticipating the path he'll take.

OOC: In essence I'm preparing to throw the rope around the rider so I can pull him off the horse.

Or better yet, is there something I can hook the grappling hook to on the other side of the path at the rider's chest level so I can have a chance at knocking the rider off the horse? If not I'll just go ahead and try to wrap the rope arounbd the rider. I'm trying to use a non lethal means of stopping him.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads