• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Archdevils and demon princes in Monte's book

Information

First Post
So, the Book of Vile Darkness will contain stats for "all the major archdevils and demon princes"? Hmmm. I wonder if they will be appearing in other supplements in the future?

omedon

First Post
Why would it? It is going to be in the Book of Vile Darkness it doesn't need to be in any other books.

BTW

Demon Princes = One sold Book of Vile Darkness. I have been going stir crazy waiting for these fellows to show up. Helllllooooo Grazz't. :D

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
As Monte said on his own boards, the Archdevils and the Demon Lords/Princes will be the major reason I will buy this product. I pretty much can do all the other stuff (I've been playing since 1983) but having 3e stats for these guys, yeah, I'll buy it. Just wish it wasn't $32.95 but still I'll get it. I'm sure that all the other stuff in there will only enhance my game. :)

omedon

First Post
I would guess that this is going to be the BEST looking 3rd Ed book to date. Evil is seductive after all. I am picturing the cover as bound in flesh rather than made of leather or dragon hide like the other core books. Looking similar to the recently released Evil Dead Collectors DVD except coloured darker.

Moulin Rogue

First Post
I won't bother to start a new Poll: over it, so - would you rather have archdevils and demon princes in the Book of Vile Darkness, or the MM2? Would you care very little about the BoVD (ooh, new acronym to get used to) if the fiendish lords were not in it? That is freeing up a number of pages in MM2 if you imagine hypothetically that they would have gone there.

Last edited:

rounser

First Post
Demon Lords, Dukes of Hell and Archdevils are effectively uber-villains, and get used in a different way than most monsters because they're very powerful and usually unique.

It makes sense that they're kept seperate from the rank and file monsters in the same way that deities are.

Songwind

First Post
I'd buy it

I find the whole subject very interesting. As someone pointed out, you could do all this stuff yourself, but frankly, I don't have that much time anymore.

I also like Monte's stuff.

I actually will probably READ the demon lord stuff, but not actually use them at any time. I'm more likely to use the sacrifices, drug stuff, and other bits of nastiness. Cults for the demon lords look good, too. Especially since it's a violation of my campaigns first commandment. We're talking big-time evil here :)

Crothian

First Post
I'm not sure it matters what book they are in. They will take up a lot of room, though. That's one of the good/bad things. THey are doing creatures in more detail which is great, but it takes up so much room.

Remove ads