Pathfinder 1E Are druids overpowered in Pathfinder?

One other point about Druids is that your equipment purchases will tend to be more focused than other classes, particularly since so many items won't be accessible to you in wild shape.

There's no point in investing in any weapons (after the first couple of levels) except an Amulet of Natural Armor. If you do the Monk dip-level thing, you won't be investing in armor, either. You can't use wands, or rods, or scrolls, or potions, or any items requiring activation while in wild shape. That isn't to say that you'll never own scrolls or a wand of cure light wounds or lesser restoration, but you're liable to make less of an investment into these items than other casters, since using it requires you to drop out of wild shape to retrieve the item.

Anything stopping me from using a rod/wand while in elemental form??? The SRD specifically talks about elementals wielding weapons if they are described as such...

heymitch

Explorer
Anything stopping me from using a rod/wand while in elemental form??? The SRD specifically talks about elementals wielding weapons if they are described as such...
I don't think there's a problem using a rod or wand in elemental form, provided you drop the item before wild shaping, and then retrieve it. If it's on your person when you wild shape, it melds into your new form. This happens for any wild shape form you take, since polymorph works that way with animal, elemental and plant forms (and also dragon, magical beast, or vermin).

So, if you know you're going to need a particular rod or wand, you could drop in first and then retrieve it. Unlike a caster who isn't polymorphed, you couldn't quickly switch between rods and wands, though.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It's obvious from the many discussions I've had with you that you weren't very good at running 3.x and didn't play with DMs that were very good at running it.

Ah, yes, the old, "If you have problems, it must be your own skill that's at fault," argument: getting personal, getting insulting, and just logically weak all in one package. Not a shining moment in rhetoric.

I strongly encourage everyone in the thread to avoid such points like the plague. Really, if you have to say something bad about other people to make your point, then your point's pretty darned weak, and probably should be left out of the discussion until you can think of a better way to support it than by beating people down.

Remove ads