Pathfinder 1E Are people still playing Pathfinder 1e?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I was actually playing Heroes of the Storm before my PF2 game last week and I learned the guy I was in a party with still plays PF1. They are out there, in the wild.
I'm glad there are. They're the reason why we still have people producing innovative, quality PF1 content. Things like Legendary Prestige or Akashic Expansions: Tai Lin have been very impressive offerings, and I hope we'll continue to see products like them for a long time to come!

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

cowboylee

Villager
The crazy thing is, I think PF2 is a better game, but I find the (remastered and otherwise) rulebook to be so over written I can't get through it. Thank goodness my GM is happy to gloss the rules for me when they come up. When I start thinking about running games, my mind goes to PF1 (or Call of Cthulhu) automatically.

I'm going to be playing PF1e sometime in the future myself, while I continue to run my PF2e game.

I think the fact there appears to be good Foundry support for an old system and the rules are available for free in multiple places online means the game will 100% continue to gain new players and new games over time.

Reynard

Legend
The crazy thing is, I think PF2 is a better game, but I find the (remastered and otherwise) rulebook to be so over written I can't get through it. Thank goodness my GM is happy to gloss the rules for me when they come up. When I start thinking about running games, my mind goes to PF1 (or Call of Cthulhu) automatically.
That's interesting. i think the Remaster books are much cleaner (though they still suffer from the walls-of-prose problem that bedevils most non-indie rpgs).

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm going to be playing PF1e sometime in the future myself, while I continue to run my PF2e game.

I think the fact there appears to be good Foundry support for an old system and the rules are available for free in multiple places online means the game will 100% continue to gain new players and new games over time.
Doesnt hurt to have a dozen or so adventure paths and modules to run either.

Thomas Shey

Legend

Ironically, I wouldn't run PF1e on a bet (too similar to D&D3e which taught me that it was essentially unrunable at higher levels) but I feel like I could do it with PF2e. I honestly get the feeling its harder on a player than a GM in many ways.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Ironically, I wouldn't run PF1e on a bet (too similar to D&D3e which taught me that it was essentially unrunable at higher levels) but I feel like I could do it with PF2e. I honestly get the feeling its harder on a player than a GM in many ways.
While I think E6(8) 3E/PF1 is hands down the best RPG experience to date, PF2 does make running and playing easier albeit an entirely different experience.

Remove ads