Are Superhero films dying?

Are they?

• Yes - thanks to the occult powers of Martin Scorcese

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Sorta - but more settling at a lower plateau, because everything that goes up must come down

Votes: 72 58.5%
  • Nope - just a lull; they'll be back, big time

Votes: 24 19.5%

Zardnaar

Legend
Spiderverse made over a billion dollars, it could have been expensive to make and still have been a huge success.

Derp I thought you meant that animated one.

It's 2023 specifically that's been brutal to Superheros films. You still had several breaking 700+ million post covid through 2022.

Or are you meaning that last live action one?

Kaodi

Hero
I think I am going to go see The Marvels on Friday. The main thing is that it looks like the theatre is no longer showing it in 3D, and I have pretty much only seen Marvel movies in 3D for ages, so the fact that that is no longer an option kinda makes me wonder whether I should just wait and see. But I still want to give the middle finger to the haters too, and, I mean, Iman Vellani is very Canadian, and Brie Larson is reasonably Canadian.

That is actually one thing that I think will be worth watching for when Deadpool 3 comes out: in theory the Canadian box office for that film should be absolutely wild.

I think he's been cruising on GotG vibes for a while.
Just something to mention. Taken on it's own, GotG could be classed as a comic book based space opera, like Flash Gordon, Barbarella, and Valerian and the Excessively Long Subtitle, rather than a superhero movie.

This particular sub-genre is more popular in France. I blame Jules Verne.

Zardnaar

Legend
Just something to mention. Taken on it's own, GotG could be classed as a comic book based space opera, like Flash Gordon, Barbarella, and Valerian and the Excessively Long Subtitle, rather than a superhero movie.

This particular sub-genre is more popular in France. I blame Jules Verne.

I watched the first one and wife tried to convince me to watch it.

'It's not really a super hero movie".

All she had to say is "wanna watch this with me".

I'm neutral on the genre I like some eg Blade Batman 1989, Dark Knight, Avengers etc.

I don't crave them though.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
You might have mixed it up with Spiderman : No way home
That almost got to $2 billion, and is a Spiderman multiverse film.

I must admit, the need to keep using the word 'home' in each of the Spiderman live action film titles does make things confusing sometimes.

Pitch for the next Spiderman movie:

Spiderman: Homeward Bound

Peter Parker ditches his fiancée, MJ, when meets a mysterious older woman for late-night trysts. Sound track by Simon & Garfunkel.

Remove ads