• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are there any good ways to meet other players

.. in my local area?

I've tried the Wiazrds' board but not many people from my part of the country (UK) use it...

I've not played D&D before but i'd love to start... if only I can find a group of people that play Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
In addition to what John said...

There's a "Britpack" (or so they call themselves) on the RPG.net boards. As well as other people living in the UK.
Dunno if any of them are in your area but it might be worth a try. :)

randomling

First Post
Hey, Silas!

I'm from the UK - London in fact, so not far from you at all! I have to say that ENWorld and conventions have been my best ways of tracking down local players. (I joined my first gaming group through walking up to somebody at Dragonmeet and getting invited to their game in about 5 minutes.)

I'm currently wondering if there's any call for a "UK Gamers" forum on my boards, actually. (Link in sig.) Most of the British gamers we have over there are London based, and I game with them already, but I know there are lots of UK gamers on ENWorld...

Altalazar

First Post
That's always a tricky thing in a smaller community. I tried posting at a gaming store right next to campus here. It worked and I ended up finding a bunch of players that way.

Though at a later time I tried the same thing and hardly heard a thing. I think timing has something to do with it. August/September probably works best due to that being when students (and new students) come to town and perhaps are starting to look for a game.

Too bad there aren't more generally-known bulletin boards for gamers seeking gamers.

Chingerspy

First Post
I'm in South Herts (right on the Lahndahn border) I do have 2 gaming groups which are both D&D right now. They are around and could be closer than you think.

I would like to start playing the Realms too. My current group plays Greyhawk and the new one is going to be a homebrew world before entering Ravenloft somehow.

Over at Gamingden.com (my site) I am trying to get together a few people for a Forgotten Realms game play by post on my forums. If you are interested stick your name down with your email address on this thread and I will keep you updated as to what happens.

Other than that any semi-locals want to try and get a game of FR together? I'm in Borehamwood, Herts if that helps.

JoeGKushner

First Post
If you have any nearby hobby stores, see if they allow you to post. If you have any libraries, colleges or even high schools, see if they have any groups of allow you to place messages on a bulletin board.

S'mon

Legend
JoeGKushner said:
If you have any nearby hobby stores, see if they allow you to post. If you have any libraries, colleges or even high schools, see if they have any groups of allow you to place messages on a bulletin board.

I got most of my players either indirectly from EnWorld (hi Randomling!) :) or via web-board adverts on the online bulletin boards of local game stores in London, Leisure Games especially.

Remove ads