• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you a DM/GM, player or both?

Are you a DM, player or both?

• I am only ever a player

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • I am mainly a player, but DM occasionally

Votes: 42 19.5%
  • I am a DM and player roughly evenly

Votes: 57 26.5%
  • I am mainly a DM, but play occasionally

Votes: 87 40.5%
  • I am only ever a DM

Votes: 21 9.8%

awayfarer

First Post
I voted for mainly a player/occasional DM. the MERP group I'm in switches off DM's every so often and I've done a couple of adventures. Overall I've been gaming a little over two years but have only DM'ed about 7 sessions of play. I'd like to get a bit more experience as a DM though.

Harmon

First Post
Couple years back my GMing started slowing down. Finally last year I just stopped.

Burn out hit me hard :\

Lucky for me there is this great guy that GMs for our group, and he doesn't seem to mind, but I feel really guilty about not GMing for him.

Not GMing is like not paying for a round for the friends that have bought you one, its selfish, and rude. Course I understand that there are those GMs that will not play, and there are those that will not play in a bad game, and then there are some Players that should never be GMs.

Imruphel

First Post
I have DMed exclusively for about 20 years. I actually don't enjoy playing... and my players don't like other DMs so it's the proverbial marriage made in heaven. ;)

Felix

Explorer
Holy fricking frack. I'm one of three players only?

Criminy.

<It's not like I wouldn't ever DM, but I know 4 guys who always want to run their own games, so finding a game to play in isn't ever that hard.>

KB9JMQ

First Post
Up until 3E I only DMed. No one else would.
Now my group has two others who DM so I get to play once in a while.
It is a great setup now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads