Are you a "Walking Thrift shop", or an "Adventurer"

Victim

First Post
It depends. Is the character a professional adventurer? Pros would wear gear that makes them look bad, since it's required for their job. Does anyone look good in those "space suits" used for clean rooms and biohazard labs? Yet you don't see people in the labs without them.

Polymorph Any Object or permanent illusion might be used by the fashion conscious though. They both carry some risks though. One of my characters found this hideous looking Egyptian style helm of teleportation. I thought about getting it illusioned, but the DM pointed out that my priest might be seen as some kind of evil doer using a magical disguise to hide his ways.

Sanackranib

First Post
captured stuff

if you were that fashon consious would you really want to be seen in last seasons fashions? come on now the stuff you capture is used and who would wear somthing that wasn't made specificaly for them . . . get over it! if it matters that much then spend the gold and have your own made! good grief!!!

Fenes 2

First Post
The majority of the PCs in my campaign would not wear things that make them look bad. But then, in my campaign, reputation is pretty important, as are looks and style. Even if that clown mask granted you mind blank you would not want the effects it had on your reputation.

Sejs

First Post
Three more words: Magical Fashion Consultants.

Who'd've thought - wizards could make a killing if they could customize the appearance of magic items for a fee. Would be a handy way to shore up those spell scribing costs!

Goobermunch

Explorer
I'm actually working on a prestige class that can address this very problem. Ideally suited for Rogue/(arcane casters), the class specializes in stealing the enchantments from items and placing them in other items. At higher levels, they learn to distill enchantments allowing several minor magic items to be combined into more powerful ones.

There is of course an efficiency hit. It's somewhere between the sale value of the items and the buy value of the items. Of course, in certain circumstances, failure destroys all the enchantments.

However, my creative processes have slumped since I started studying for the bar . . . .

But hey, it's an idea seed, feel free to use it.

--G

Remove ads