• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you comfortable being seen naked?

Grehnhewe

First Post
Since I am a football fan, streaking is almost compulsory. I think it is why I run, in order to lessen my chances of being arrested. Other than that, why not? I have been working out and keeping up with the manscaping.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Unless they can die of embarrassment, no. 'Cause that's about survival, homes.

(FWIW, Carrier Shells and Caddis Fly larvae do a similar thing...)

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
I was responding not to the "feeling shame" part of the quote, but rather the "uncomfortable being nude" bit. Goldomark gave me an "or" statement and I took him up on it. I don't imagine hermit crabs are very comfortable walking around without their shell homes, their "clothes" equivalents.

Hermit crabs for the win! :)

Johnathan

Nellisir

Hero
Yes. I wasn't always comfortable being naked, but at some point I basically decided I didn't give a hoot what people thought. If someone wanted to paint me in my birthday suit, I'm not going to be embarrassed about it.

I did have a large mole/birthmark removed a few years ago, and while I thought I accepted it (been there since birth, after all, and it wasn't anywhere publicly visible), I was surprised at how much less self-conscious I feel with it gone.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I was responding not to the "feeling shame" part of the quote, but rather the "uncomfortable being nude" bit. Goldomark gave me an "or" statement and I took him up on it. I don't imagine hermit crabs are very comfortable walking around without their shell homes, their "clothes" equivalents.

Hermit crabs for the win! :)

Johnathan
You haven't shown they do it to avoid a feeling of shame.

Dwimmerlied

First Post
When I was a kid I was mortified by the idea. Then I grew up and realised it didn't really matter. Wouldn't do it on purpose; nudist colonies are usually creepy haunts. If confronted with nudity by others? I go to life drawing occasionally, and that's fine. I guess, then, nothing innately disturbing to me, but given certain social contexts I'd definitely feel uncomfortable yep.

Richards

Legend
You haven't shown they do it to avoid a feeling of shame.
And I don't have to. Had you said, "I am not aware of any other animal that feels shame AND is uncomfortable being nude," then I would have had to provide an animal that fulfilled both requirements. But you didn't say "and," you said "or." I've shown that hermit crabs fulfill your second requirement: they're uncomfortable being nude. So, now you're aware of one animal that feels shame OR is uncomfortable being nude: namely, the hermit crab.

It's no fair changing the requirements to your challenge after you've made them. :)

Johnathan

Remove ads