• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you comfortable being seen naked?

Richards

Legend
Eh, accuracy is accuracy. :)

However, it occurs to me I've never chimed in on my own feelings about nudity in this thread. I can't imagine ever personally getting nude in public, but I did come fairly close once during my Air Force retirement ceremony, when - for perfectly good reasons that tied in with my retirement speech - I stripped out of my dress blues, piece by piece (officially "retiring" them), and ended up wearing only my undershirt, black socks, and a pair of Homer Simpson boxer-briefs. And then I put on a pair of slacks, a dress shirt, and a pair of civilian shoes (each item being removed or put on tied in with a part of my speech), eventually culminating in a "transformation sequence" representing my switching over from military to civilian life.

That's about as close as I ever intend to get naked in public.

Johnathan

EscherEnigma

Adventurer
Question: Do you ever go swimming, and if you do, what do you wear?

Regardless of your actual answer, I do find it curious that people often consider "underclothes" to be closer to "naked" then swimwear is, regardless of the actual coverage. This does apply to myself as well... I certainly felt more "naked" when I pulled off my kilt at the airport to walk through the scanner† then when I walked around Anime Expo in a speedo, even though I was certainly showing a lot more at the Expo.
________
†I walked through the scanner with my kilt on and the TSA guy said I'd need to be patted down because of the kilt‡. I opted instead to take the kilt off, in public, toss it onto the conveyer belt for other personal items, and walk through the scanner a second time in my boxers. I had a t-shirt on through all of this.
‡I've always wondered what he said to women in skirts. Pretty sure it was a good old fashioned case of "guy in skirt = dangerous". Why do so many people feel threatened by a man in a skirt?

I personally dont mind being seen naked, but most people probably would mind seeing me naked, reminds me of a funny story, but I probably shouldnt tell it.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
EscherEnigma said:
Question: Do you ever go swimming, and if you do, what do you wear?

Regardless of your actual answer, I do find it curious that people often consider "underclothes" to be closer to "naked" then swimwear is, regardless of the actual coverage.
I wear board shorts, not speedos. I think for most [American] men, underclothes are closer to being naked than swimwear. Heck, put on a t-shirt and most men could walk down the mall without looking undressed.

Women, on the other hand, yeah, underclothes and swimwear are often quite similar, but yeah again, they sometimes act like there's a difference. They put on a t-shirt and they still seem undressed for mall shopping :)

Bullgrit

Remove ads