D&D 5E Arena of War - Chapter 1: In Character

sithramir

First Post
OOC: I'm totally OK with you rolling at home or with an online roller and just posting the results. We are adults so please don't cheat and we will be fine (it is just a game). Here are your rolls this time and I am glad to roll for you in the future if you need also.

Drek: 19+2=21 initiative, 3+3= 6 perception. Drek thinks he sees some crates lol!

Dhruv: 3+2=5 initiative, 13,14=23 stealth. Dhruv makes quick use of the arena looking for advantage as the battle begins.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Yep, looks like invisiblecastle is dead. Bummer. I rolled on another online roller, but it doesn't link. Rolled a 17 +4 for Jade= 21 Init

Jade surveys the area warily as the mention of traps makes him cautious. He moves forward to gain a better view of the battlefield.

[sblock=Details]Move 30' to G12

AC= 17
HP= 33/33
KI= 5/5[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Valya takes a moment to take stock of the situation, then ducks behind one of the piles of rubble for cover from the inevitable opposition.

(Init [roll0])
(OOC - move to the pile to the south, between it and the wall)

Gourry02

First Post
((OOC)) I noticed that you have my character as Halga on there, I was gonna do this chapter as my monk Artyom. I hope that's ok.))

Artyom joins the others in surveying the arena. He will then move to B14 to take cover.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 14 (10+4)

sithramir

First Post
OOC: I will be posting shortly with updates so this can roll full swing again. Sorry for the long delay but we can get rolling again. Hopefully we can get back into it with once per day posting from everyone. My work issues are lessened enough to get back to semi normal, etc.

Another item: Rolling. I"m fine if you want to roll or ask me to roll, or use invisible castle which I think is back up, but ALSO please note you can easily do it on this forum. How to do it shown below:

[roll0]

[roll=Test]1d20+3[/roll]

Format is above. You can only do it on original post and can never edit, remove, or ADD it to the post. So if you did make a mistake you'd have to re-post, etc. You can use any normal dice in place of the 20.

sithramir

First Post
Round 1:

Everyone moves into their positions and takes stock of the situation. The area is a harder packed dirt floor of what appears to be a storage room. About 15' in height to the ceiling where you can see various piles of stacked crates all the way to the ceiling. Sconces on the walls cast a dim light through the area leaving a lot of shadow. Clearly an area where you need to watch your back.

There are wooden railings blocking off certain pathways and not much else can be seen at first. As you move you do see a lion facing your direction beginning to pace.

Jade, Dhruv, and Drek can see two similar looking humanoids creaping up towards one of the lions preparing to attack. You wonder why the lions have not yet attacked.

Round 2:

24 Twins: The two similar looking elves move slowly closer to the lion taking stock of the situation preparing for attacks from unseen eyes (Dodge action and move)
23 Paelis screams to Jade let's finish that lion quickly. He utters a small chant and points at the lion and then fires a shot from his bow hitting the lion. The lion seems wounded but angry and is looking to pounce.
22 Barbarian: You can hear a scream of rage coming from around the crates with a prayer to Gruumsh One Eye.
21 Jade can go
21 Drek can go
21 Valya can go

18 Lions
17 Bard
16 Rogue 2
15 Caster
14 Artyom
10 Dwarf
6 Rogue 1
5 Dhruv
4 Druid
2 Orc Skeletons

Arena-3 Round 2.PNG

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jade springs forward to attack the lion before it can pounce at him, swinging twice with his staff before kicking out at the beast in an effort to finish it off so that it is safer for him to retreat back to the cover of the crates after his attacks.
[sblock=Details]-Move 15' to space I-15
-[roll0] / [roll1]
-[roll2] / [roll3]
-Spend 1 Ki point to activate Flurry of Blows (using bonus action for two more attacks):
-[roll4] / [roll5]
-[roll6] / [roll7]
-Move back 30' to C-11 (If lion is still alive after all of that, Jade will risk an attack to move since he has no more bonus actions to activate his Step of the Wind Ki power now.)

**Edit: Auto roller didn't work. First two attacks/damages are from Quarterstaff main attack and extra attack and second two are Unarmed Strikes from Flurry of Blows:
1d20+7=25, 1d6+4=5, 1d20+7=26, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+7=23, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+7=17, 1d6+4=7
***If the first two hits (AC 25 for 5 damage and AC 26 for 9 damage = 14 damage total) are enough to drop the lion, then Jade wouldn't need to use his Ki point for extra attacks. Please let me know which way this went. Thanks!

AC= 17
HP= 33/33
KI= 4/5 or maybe 5/5 still?[/sblock]

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
Jade springs forward to attack the lion before it can pounce at him, swinging twice with his staff before kicking out at the beast in an effort to finish it off so that it is safer for him to retreat back to the cover of the crates after his attacks.
[sblock=Details]-Move 15' to space I-15
-[roll0] / [roll1]
-[roll2] / [roll3]
-Spend 1 Ki point to activate Flurry of Blows (using bonus action for two more attacks):
-[roll4] / [roll5]
-[roll6] / [roll7]
-Move back 30' to C-11 (If lion is still alive after all of that, Jade will risk an attack to move since he has no more bonus actions to activate his Step of the Wind Ki power now.)

**Edit: Auto roller didn't work. First two attacks/damages are from Quarterstaff main attack and extra attack and second two are Unarmed Strikes from Flurry of Blows:
1d20+7=25, 1d6+4=5, 1d20+7=26, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+7=23, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+7=17, 1d6+4=7
***If the first two hits (AC 25 for 5 damage and AC 26 for 9 damage = 14 damage total) are enough to drop the lion, then Jade wouldn't need to use his Ki point for extra attacks. Please let me know which way this went. Thanks!

AC= 17
HP= 33/33
KI= 4/5 or maybe 5/5 still?[/sblock]

You'll probably be mad but he had 15 HPs left. Sorry!
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] can go
[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] can go

Last edited:

Remove ads