• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Armor movement change

feydras

First Post
What do people think about changing the movement rates of medium armor to 25ft as opposed to 20ft. Any idea why this is not done?

This seems like a more natural progression to me and would encourage folks to occasionally use medium armor. As it is now, only the rare barbarian ever uses medium armor in the groups i have played in.

Does anyone see any problems with this?

- feydras

Aaron2

Explorer
feydras said:
What do people think about changing the movement rates of medium armor to 25ft as opposed to 20ft. Any idea why this is not done?

I swap the movement and running penalties for medium and heavy. Medium is *3 run but 30 ft, while heavy is 20 ft.

Aaron

CCamfield

First Post
For medium characters it seems okay. But what about small ones? Do they move 17.5'/round? No, so do they continue to move 20', or does it drop to 15', the same as their heavy armour?

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
CCamfield said:
For medium characters it seems okay. But what about small ones? Do they move 17.5'/round? No, so do they continue to move 20', or does it drop to 15', the same as their heavy armour?

I was considering a similar rule and that was the sticking point with me...

I considered a history where gnomes, halflings and kender were put in a large rocket and fired into the sun.

More sensibly it could work along the lines of:

Medium - 30' base speed - 25 *4 run speed
Medium - 20' base speed - 20 *3 run speed

Edit: Dammit it mangled my table.

Differing penalties... but it could work?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads