• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ars Magica D20 / Atlas Games

trancejeremy

Adventurer
What I would like to see, is a separate d20 game set in the same 'universe' as Ars Magica. Not a d20 version of Ars Magica, but something different in style.

The style of play of Ars Magica is just not for me, but I really dig the setting.

thomden

First Post
I love Ars Magica too

I'm also a huge fan of Ars Magica, and you AM fans may recognize the cover I did for Land of Fire and Ice.

I personally play d20 and AM probably more than any other RPG's. I don't think doing AM d20 is a very good idea, and in fact it kind of defeats the purpose of AM.

I do think it would be interesting to do 2 products inspired by AM that I think would be recieved quite well by the d20 crowd.

It would be neat to do a Mythic Europe style campaign book. along the lines of the Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe book. Only more of an actual setting you could adventure in. With historic maps and stats for mythical creatures and adventure hooks and the like. I'm actually a little surprised no one has done this- and yes I'm familiar with the stuff that's out there kind of like that, but I mean something much meatier.

The second would be an alternate d20 spell system that borrows heavilly from the AM concept of Techniques and Forms that you combine to create spell effects. And making magic POWERFUL!

Thomas Denmark
Ars Magica fan since 1998
www.denmarkstudio.com

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads