• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Art from Piratecat's story hour

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Fimmtiu said:
Whoah, whoah, whoah! Back up! Erstwhile familiar? What happened to Proty? Did I miss the memo, or is this referring to an event which hasn't come up on the Story Hour yet?

Nope, I'm just misused the word when I was thinking about the flashback of the mini bio. Proty is alive, well, and squirming!

KidCthulhu

First Post
dpdx said:
Tao kind of looks like Björk.
Well, aside from Bjork being a tiny, tiny person. Tao is a brick house. 5'10" and something like 13 stone. Not fat. Oh no. Think rower, female rugby or volleyball player, and you've got the type. Valkyrie (did I spell that right?).

Sialia

First Post
I never did finish that picture of Tao to my own satisfaction. Perhaps in a few days when my current crisis is over I'll take another shot at it.

Meanwhile, here's one of Rides the Sun, over Eversink:

Attachments

• rts-bright-tempest.jpg
    rts-bright-tempest.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 634

Sialia

First Post
And Tipic, Kirisandra's willful and drunken familiar.
I'm leaving out the portrait of Kiri that goes with this, 'cause it's a photoshop job on an actual photo. Tipic is wholecloth "art" though, 'cause I drew him all by myself. Except for the bottle. And the frame.

Attachments

• tipicframedparch.jpg
    tipicframedparch.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 535

Sialia

First Post
alsih2o said:
cool! is that a modified photo?

i love that image
I swiped the building, but I modified it a lot. Points if you can recognize the source--you of all people on this board might.

The gondola is also swiped and modified, but from a different photo.

The rest is all mine.

Sialia

First Post
And Nolin's Ring of Incontinence.

Another Photoshop job for you purists--but you have to appreciate that what I started from was photos of leaves of actual plants: castor leaf, senna, flax, psyllium . . . hey, it's not only magical, it's herbal and all natural!

Attachments

• Nolin'sRing.jpg
    Nolin'sRing.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 511

alsih2o

First Post
Sialia said:
I swiped the building, but I modified it a lot. Points if you can recognize the source--you of all people on this board might.

The gondola is also swiped and modified, but from a different photo.

The rest is all mine.

coolness. the building looks kinda like the less famous building right beside the tower of pisa, my vocab fails me now. either way i have to know now :)

paulewaug

wow!
those are outstanding!

I am not crazt over the B&W stuff, but that is just because the painted style color pics are so atmospheric, there's nothing wrong with the b&w'd they just aren't as cool imo.
(But still very nice! ;))

I'm really liking the style there.

So when are you going to publish a setting book then?!

Remove ads