D&D General Art Thread! What does a D&D wizard look like?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
It also is fine if genders are not easily visually distinguishable on all species. It is also fine if all species do not have genders. For example I don't think that warforged really need genders.
Agreed! Though again, I think with constructs it makes sense for them to be modeled after their creators, which can mean imitating sexual characteristics.

Reynard

Legend
It also is fine if genders are not easily visually distinguishable on all species. It is also fine if all species do not have genders. For example I don't think that warforged really need genders.
Sure, but we were talking about techniques for doing so. Also, corporations made warforged, they are going to get gender coded.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Sure, but we were talking about techniques for doing so. Also, corporations made warforged, they are going to get gender coded.
Plus they are malleable. They can more or less easily get someone ( from an artificer to a blacksmith) to make all the changes and adaptatio s to their bodies they deem appropriate, unlike fleshies. It isn't as if fantasy land has tons of plastic surgeons running around.

Reynard

Legend
Plus they are malleable. They can more or less easily get someone ( from an artificer to a blacksmith) to make all the changes and adaptatio s to their bodies they deem appropriate, unlike fleshies. It isn't as if fantasy land has tons of plastic surgeons running around.
Given long enough lives, Warforged probably take on many different aspects, personalities, and forms. Plus, we don't know what their souls are. Are they reincarnated mortals? If so, they probably have an identity gender. Are they some other sort of celestial entity inhabiting a form? Then they may not. Is their soul formed ex nihilo upon animation? If so, they might take on the gender of the form (which would mean the gender the creator wanted it to be).

Reynard

Legend
I kinda like the idea of warforgwed being asexual and genderless and as such being completely perplexed by how obsessed the flesh beings are about such things.
That is a valid take, too, but I think it is more interesting if warforged are completely individual about it. A warforged that can low key transform every day to reflect its personality and preferred gender identity for that day is a neat idea.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I mean… gender-affirming body modifications aren’t exactly new. They’ve just gotten better and safer over time.

Remove ads