Artifact rules.

Dante & Vergil

Explorer
I know there are some rules for artifacts, but I'm not sure where they are all located (in the books and on the net). Could someone help me out here?

Hello again! :)

Dante & Vergil said:
I know there are some rules for artifacts, but I'm not sure where they are all located (in the books and on the net). Could someone help me out here?

'Rules for Artifacts'. I'm not sure I ever got round to writing any. I did add a stipulation that a single character could only carry 4 artifacts at any one time although any number of epic items. The distinction being that epic items could be disjoined and were inneffective within Anti-magic Shells/Fields, whereas Artifacts

Most of the monsters that would carry items in the Epic Bestiary wield 4 Artifacts. I think Alabaster is the only one to break that rule (he carries 6) but his weapons are a bit weaker because of it.

eduar

First Post
hi

if I'm a god of creation and want create an artifact, how do I do that?

what is the cost of artifacts?

I know that in DMG say that the art of create artifacts is lost and only the gods can perform that task, but now I'm a god and want create artifacts

eduar said:

Howdy eduar mate! :)

if I'm a god of creation and want create an artifact, how do I do that?

what is the cost of artifacts?

I know that in DMG say that the art of create artifacts is lost and only the gods can perform that task, but now I'm a god and want create artifacts

Creating artifacts would cost quintessence. Its been that long ago that I have forgotten the relationship between Quintessence (QP) and Experience (EXP). Is it 1:1...my memory is hitting a blank. If no one can remember I'll try and dig out my notes on it over the weekend.

eduar

First Post
hi

for example an artifact that reproduce an epic spell

like the soul drinker for ELH but with hellball instead of energy drain

the base price would be

10(epic spell) * caster level * 2000 + 200(XP for hellball) * 100

an example of a bastard sword +10 of hellball with caster level 30

10 * 30 * 2000 * 2 + (for hellball) 1200000
200 * 100 * 5 (for the XP cost of the hellball) 100000
10 * 10 * 20000 (+10) 2000000

base price 3,300,335 GP
cost to create: 1,600,000 GP and 62000 XP

Dante & Vergil

Explorer
'Rules for Artifacts'. I'm not sure I ever got round to writing any. I did add a stipulation that a single character could only carry 4 artifacts at any one time although any number of epic items. The distinction being that epic items could be disjoined and were inneffective within Anti-magic Shells/Fields, whereas Artifacts

Most of the monsters that would carry items in the Epic Bestiary wield 4 Artifacts. I think Alabaster is the only one to break that rule (he carries 6) but his weapons are a bit weaker because of it.
The only reason I ask is because I heard on this board that artifacts can have Divine/Cosmic/Transidental/Omnific abilities, and I don't know what those would cost to add on to artifacts.

Belzamus

First Post
IIRC its +6/+22/+144/+1200 respectively

Close, but not quite.

+6/+36/+216/+1200 (1272 if you want to be technical).

The logic is that a feat is 1/6th of a divine ability (see Cryptomnesia among other things), and feat is worth +1 on a weapon (see Mighty Cleaving), therefore it proceeds that a divine ability on a weapon is +6, and since a cosmic ability is worth six divine abilities, those cost +36 on a weapon, etc.

It works out to being the same ECL in the end, though you could make a case for lowering the + cost since it makes the ability situational (in that you need to have the weapon in your possession) instead of being innate to the character.

Yqatuba

First Post
How many extra divine slots does a diety get if it gives up artifact(s) I thought it was equal to divine rank but not sure

Yqatuba

First Post
Close, but not quite.

+6/+36/+216/+1200 (1272 if you want to be technical).

The logic is that a feat is 1/6th of a divine ability (see Cryptomnesia among other things), and feat is worth +1 on a weapon (see Mighty Cleaving), therefore it proceeds that a divine ability on a weapon is +6, and since a cosmic ability is worth six divine abilities, those cost +36 on a weapon, etc.

It works out to being the same ECL in the end, though you could make a case for lowering the + cost since it makes the ability situational (in that you need to have the weapon in your possession) instead of being innate to the character.

Transcendental is acutally +200 (should be 216 i.e 6x36 but he rounded I guess)

Remove ads