D&D 5E Artifact to combat Demogorgon

Tyler Dunn

Explorer
If someone was to have Demogorgon as the final boss of their campaign, and wanted to make an artifact to give to the party to make the fight more fair, what would that artifact do?

Oofta

Legend
I don't think you need anything special, at least depending on the group. Give them hints as to what they're facing and a bit of prep and they should be fine depending on your setup. I think you may be surprised how easily your big bad is defeated.

Single monsters do not stand much of a chance against parties several levels below their CR, although I wouldn't be surprised if the party loses a member or two. Even using base calculations, if the demogorgon is alone it's only ranks as a "hard" encounter. If you really want this to be a penultimate fight, I'd consider setting up the environment to favor the demogorgon a bit and throw in some minions that run away once the boss is defeated.

Quickleaf

Legend
If someone was to have Demogorgon as the final boss of their campaign, and wanted to make an artifact to give to the party to make the fight more fair, what would that artifact do?

Something that turned his two heads – left head Aameul and right head Hethradiah – against each other would be apropos. A good starting point would be an inversion of the ettin's Two Heads feature, accounting for Demogorgon's condition immunities, so something like this...

Demogorgon has disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks and on saving throws against being blinded,
deafened, stunned, and knocked unconscious. Additionally, Demogorgon loses its immunity to being charmed and frightened.

Remove ads