• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artist looking for freelance work!

ryansumo

First Post
Hey all, my name's Ryan Sumo and I've been in and around the forums every now and again. I'm primarily an electronicgames artist, creating assets like sprites and UI for games, but I'm slowly trying to transition my way into illustration and concept artwork, which is what I really love. I've held off on starting a thread here since I wanted to get a little experience under my belt first and launch my new blog, but I think I'm ready to show off some stuff now:

Knightvision Games

ryansumo_knightvision.jpg

ryansumoknightvision2.jpg

The bulk of my work for Knightvision has been spot illustrations of characters, and this cover art for one of their pathfinder modules. I'm not particularly happy with the cover art, but I'm leavin git in here because it's one of my few published color illustrations.

Raging Swan

ryansumo_ragingswan.jpg

ryansumo_bleakmoor.jpg

My work with Raging Swan has been primarily illustration items like the Horn of Valhalla seen as well as this map for the Bleak Moors region.

Ian Warner

ryansumo_doxy.jpg

Ian Warner is an RPG enthusiast with a penchant for making offbeat parody RPGs that hardly anyone else would touch. These illustrations are for his RPG "Doxy" which deals with the life of Victorian/Edwardian prostitutes.

VonSchlick Productions

ryansumo_vonschlick.jpg

Vonschlick productions produces a variety of RPG work, and these spot illustrations were created for an art supplement for horror and fantasy RPGs.

Rusty Axe

ryansumo_rustyaxe.jpg

Though not quite an illustration, these border designs were created for Rustyaxe games for use in their RPG map creation program, Dungeon Demon.

Feel free to PM me or email me at ryan.sumo@gmail.com if you'd like to commission some work!

ryansumo

First Post
Here's some personal colored linework I've done.

Eye Gouger the Orc

ryansumoeyegouger.jpg

Gentleman Rex

ryansumo_gentlemanrex.jpg

Davy Raccoon

ryansumo_davyraccoon.jpg

Mouseketeer

ryansumo_mouseketeer.jpg

Spaceman vs Dinosaur

ryansumo_gentlemanvsdinosaur.jpg

Aborigine Cowboy

ryansumo_aboriginecowboy.jpg

If you'd like to see more of my work check out my <a href="http://ryansumo.blogspot.com/">blog</a> or my <a href="http://coroflot.com/ryansumo">portfolio</a> and get in touch with me at <a title="mailto:ryan.sumo@gmail.com" href="mailto:ryan.sumo@gmail.com">ryan.sumo@gmail.com</a> if you'd like to commission some work!

ryansumo

First Post
Here is some of my most recent work, where I'm trying to learn how to illustrate with a more "painterly" style. These were all done as entries in conceptart.org's weekly challenges.

Alchemist Gunslinger

ryansumo_alchemistgunslinger.jpg

Ultimate Riot Controller

ryansumo_riotcop.jpg

Illustration of the Week Banner

ryansumo_bears.jpg

Deep Sea Fish

ryansumo_deepseafish.jpg

If you'd like to see more of my work check out my <a href="http://ryansumo.blogspot.com/">blog</a> or my <a href="http://coroflot.com/ryansumo">portfolio</a> and get in touch with me at <a href="mailto:ryan.sumo@gmail.com" title="mailto:ryan.sumo@gmail.com"></a><a title="mailto:ryan.sumo@gmail.com" href="mailto:ryan.sumo@gmail.com">ryan.sumo@gmail.com</a> if you'd like to commission some work!

Ebonyr

First Post
Hi,

I'm Jim from Knightvision Games. I can say that Ryan does great work, is fast and has great communication. I'll work with him again! :cool:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Have you thought about taking the stuff you have free and clear and putting it up as clip art so you can become more broadly known among the smaller publishers who would pick up some of those pieces and use them even though they've seen previous publication?

RPGNow.com - Advanced Search

ryansumo

First Post
Hey Mark yeah I've certainly thought of that before. Perhaps when I have enough random work that I can put together into a selection of clipart I'll try that.

Remove ads