As an "adult" do you watch cartoons by choice?

Elodan

Adventurer
As an adult do you watch cartoons / kids shows because you want to watch them and not because your kids are forcing you to? I'm not counting prime time cartoons like The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Question came to mind as I was watching Gravity Falls last night and the topic came up, so in my case the answer is yes.

I'm enjoying
* Star Wars: Rebels (it's Star Wars)
* Gravity Falls
* Regular Show
* Adventure Time
* Star vs the Forces of Evil

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Adventure Time is pretty much it these days, although in the past I'd watch Samurai Jack, Pokemon and Ben 10 on a regular basis.

I've seen Star Wars Rebels but not consistently and 'll watch Superhero serials online (mostly Spiderman)

and I like Disney Animated movies

MechaPilot

Explorer
Most of the cartoons that I watch are Japanese:

Ghost in the Shell
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
The Melancholy of Suzumia Haruhi
Noir
Ouran Host Club
Naruto
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
and so on.

The non-Japanese cartoons that I usually watch are:

Archer
-- insert moment of silence for the fallen Woodhouse --
Chozen (at least until it was cancelled)
Boondocks
Venture Brothers
Assault on Arkham
Flashpoint Paradox
Pinky & the Brain

Joker

First Post
Most of the cartoons that I watch are Japanese:

Ghost in the Shell
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
The Melancholy of Suzumia Haruhi
Noir
Ouran Host Club
Naruto
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
and so on.

The non-Japanese cartoons that I usually watch are:

Archer
-- insert moment of silence for the fallen Woodhouse --
Chozen (at least until it was cancelled)
Boondocks
Venture Brothers
Assault on Arkham
Flashpoint Paradox
Pinky & the Brain

Most of the Japanese stuff you mention, especially Ghost in the Shell, I don't think would fall under kid's shows. Neither would Archer. At least, I don't see that because it's animated, it would be suitable for kids.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Most of the Japanese stuff you mention, especially Ghost in the Shell, I don't think would fall under kid's shows. Neither would Archer. At least, I don't see that because it's animated, it would be suitable for kids.

That's true. I didn't think that kids show was a requirement. I thought it was cartoons or kids shows. Oh well. My mistake.

I enjoy some of the anime feeling ones but the average show on cartoon Network doesn't do it for me. DC does decent animated Batman and Justice League movies on DVD.

Remove ads