• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashes, all [closed]

mips42

Adventurer
Lester turns sheet white and freezes in terror. He had been in denial when he followed along that he would be involved in any sort of combat, and with the flurry of movement and attacks his senses are nearly overwhelmed. But that kobold that conjured fire, something about that awakens an automatic response drilled into him long ago by practice wizard duels long past.

He squeaks out a few arcane words as he rubs his hands together. When he pulls them apart a white hot ball of plasma pops into existence. A trained mage might call it sloppy work, as little sparks constantly fly off of it as if it were some festival dazzler. But Lester grabs it in his right hand, unhurt by his own magical fire, and turns sideways. He leans back, winds up for a throw and protests, "But I have never killed anyone before, at least intentionally!" just before lobbing it at the spellwielding kobold in question.

OOC: Fire Bolt: 1d20+3=8, 1d10=5

The plasma ball sparks, swirls and weaves through the air like a drunken sailor on a bender. It sits, briefly, about 6 inches above the kobolds' head then streaks off into the sky where it bursts into the shape of a butterfly.

dream66_

First Post
Bree shouts out "Reptilian scum! You will pay for despoiling our homeland, return to which foul hell spawned you." as she lays into the kobold before her with her sword.

OOC: HP 8/13

Attack K2 with Melee: +4 longsword (1d8 slashing) if anyone attacks Lester or Ashurn, I'll use my reaction for my protection fighting style, to give the attacker disadvantage. Please consider that a standing reaction for any ally adjacent to me.

mips42

Adventurer
Bree shouts out "Reptilian scum! You will pay for despoiling our homeland, return to which foul hell spawned you." as she lays into the kobold before her with her sword.
OOC: HP 8/13

Attack K2 with Melee: +4 longsword (1d8 slashing) if anyone attacks Lester or Ashurn, I'll use my reaction for my protection fighting style, to give the attacker disadvantage. Please consider that a standing reaction for any ally adjacent to me.
Lashing out with your sword, you swing it mightily but the small reptiloid is able to twist so that your strike glances off it's armor.
[sblock]<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619032/">1d20+4=10</a> Got it on the protection.[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
Within a few seconds, a lot of things have happened, it happened so fast that Ashurn only knew he was first shot at and then stabbed at. But thanks to the chain mail he is wearing, none of the attacks did any actual damage to his body.

Without giving much though, Ashurn lifted his great sword and did an overhead swing towards the kobold that attacked Bree.

OOC:
Ashurn does a weapon melee attack against K2.
1d20+5 to hit vs AC.
2d6+3 damage on hit.
Great Weapon Fighting style: Re-roll damage roll of 1's and 2's. Ashurn must use the new result.
@mips, if I fell the kobold in one hit, can I roll intimidate against the other kobold in front of Bree and Ashurn?
Like, snarling at the kobold saying,"You're next."? :)

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
End of round 1

Within a few seconds, a lot of things have happened, it happened so fast that Ashurn only knew he was first :):):):) at and then stabbed at. But thanks to the chain mail he is wearing, none of the attacks did any actual damage to his body.
Without giving much thought, Ashurn lifted his great sword and did an overhead swing towards the kobold that attacked Bree.
You draw the huge blade and, with a mighty swing, bring the blade down upon the creatures' skull, splitting it open like a summer melon.
As the kobold drops to a heap at your feet, you turn your attention to its' neighbor with a wicked grin, which it returns with a hiss sounding much like a feral cat and showing its' own pointed teeth.

[sblock] To Hit <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619342/">1d20+5=15</a>
Damage <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619343/">2d6+3=10</a>
Serious overkill, there...
Intimidate<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619346/">1d20+2=4</a>
Apparently, they are not amused.
[/sblock]

Neikron

Explorer
Penton, no longer on his own, draws his trusty rapier, after immediately dropping his bow to the ground beside, knowing that he must win this duel at all costs. Nervous, he jabs his rapier directly toward his opponent's chest, hoping dearly to end this quickly.

mips42

Adventurer
Round 2

Penton, no longer on his own, draws his trusty rapier, after immediately dropping his bow to the ground beside, knowing that he must win this duel at all costs. Nervous, he jabs his rapier directly toward his opponent's chest, hoping dearly to end this quickly.
The bow falls lightly to the ground, nearby but out of the way. The rapier, light and quick unfortunately just glances of the Kobolds' armor.

[sblock]
<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619567/">1d20+3=13</a>
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Heron is surprised at the rapid advance of the opponents. He had thought by retreating he'd be able to stay out of their range. Having failed that, two creatures have borne down on him, and he is startled. So now he holds his ground. He holds his shield high, and pulls again into the ether, calling on supernal flames to assault the large lizard creature before him.

[sblock="OOC"] I'm not entirely sure, but I think technically the spell doesn't count as an attack, since it has no attack roll, but only a defensive save. So if it's not a ranged attack, there's no disadvantage. (cf. 5b p. 73). Anyways that's what I'm thinking. If so, it's another DC 13 Dex save, with the potential of 1d8=5 damage.[/sblock]

mips42

Adventurer
Heron is surprised at the rapid advance of the opponents. He had thought by retreating he'd be able to stay out of their range. Having failed that, two creatures have borne down on him, and he is startled. So now he holds his ground. He holds his shield high, and pulls again into the ether, calling on supernal flames to assault the large lizard creature before him.

[sblock="OOC"] I'm not entirely sure, but I think technically the spell doesn't count as an attack, since it has no attack roll, but only a defensive save. So if it's not a ranged attack, there's no disadvantage. (cf. 5b p. 73). Anyways that's what I'm thinking. If so, it's another DC 13 Dex save, with the potential of 1d8=5 damage.[/sblock]
With a snap, the Sacred Flames burst into being, their white-hot fire crackling. This time, though, the large lizard is able to evade their tongues.
[sblock] <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4619949/">1d20=15</a>
Yes, that's my understanding as well.
[/sblock]

Remove ads