Ashes, all OOC

mips42

Adventurer
Dream66: Human female protection fighter/ member of the watch. As a member of Herons' Hollow watch, you've reached the rank of 'Hand', which means that you commanded a group of 5 watch members, including yourself, called blades. Your commander was 'Arm' Delcourt Viken, A burly, surly man who was extremely hard to get along with.

KoboldStew: Welcome! (and thanks for picking up Cleric. Character looks good. As a high elven cleric of Light, you would have likely been serving the Church of Seven Stones, a local group catering all of the goodly gods.

Kaodi: Human Wizard/sage. LOL. I like liam and the story.
I am sure, by this point, your master has reported your 'achievements' to the Arcane College. Good luck with that.

Pierce: Human Greatweapon fighter. Ashurn looks good but, if my math is correct, he should have 14 hp (d10+1=11+3 con bonus=14) Not a huge difference, but every point counts, especially at 1st and 2nd level!
The small village of Tudsbury owes it's very existence to you but some there also know that, if you return there, Townmaster Graeves would have your head or destroy the town getting it. Some quietly praise your sacrifices.

With the addition of Stew, we've got 4, YAY! I'll create the 'in character' thread in the 'Playing the Game' section later today. As you can see, I've given all a bit more of their background to play with, feel free to accept or overrule any and all of it (this is a brand new setting so everything is open to input). Also feel free to keep expanding if you so desire. It'll give me more to play with. :D
If it's cool with all, I'm going to start the game slightly before where the Background section ends.
Looking forward to a fun game and I hope you all are as well.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
Bookkeeping question

As I have no preference, I will ask you all :

For the Play thread, would you prefer individual replies to posts, group replies once all have posted or some combination thereof?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
KoboldStew: Welcome! (and thanks for picking up Cleric. Character looks good. As a high elven cleric of Light, you would have likely been serving the Church of Seven Stones, a local group catering all of the goodly gods.

Glad to be here! I'm fine with the connection to the Seven Stones, but I expect that my character (criminal background, there would be uneasy relations with Anastrianna. Heron is dissolute, and has fallen into religion (hence History and not religion among skills).

On the sheet, I've swapped some of the standard equipment, but always 1-for-1, and always for equal or lesser value. If you prefer, I can total things up and buy them normally; I'm not fussed either way. Also, if you have preferences of for games being played, let me know. I like the trio of dice-cards-chess (and chose chess to suggest life had not always been dissolute), but I know there's 3-card Ante or whatever, and I'm happy to be led one way or another.

Looking forward to it!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As I have no preference, I will ask you all :

For the Play thread, would you prefer individual replies to posts, group replies once all have posted or some combination thereof?

As I say in my one, sad little blog post at the left there, anything that keeps things moving is IMO best. I can post once a day most of the time, but not everyone can. In any case, I think you should choose as you see fit, but with the goal of driving things forward, and not waiting for silences to be filled. We'll see what sort of pace we have, but I know, speaking for myself, whatever way helps you keep momentum going is the answer that I choose.

mips42

Adventurer
Glad to be here! I'm fine with the connection to the Seven Stones, but I expect that my character (criminal background, there would be uneasy relations with Anastrianna. Heron is dissolute, and has fallen into religion (hence History and not religion among skills).

On the sheet, I've swapped some of the standard equipment, but always 1-for-1, and always for equal or lesser value. If you prefer, I can total things up and buy them normally; I'm not fussed either way. Also, if you have preferences of for games being played, let me know. I like the trio of dice-cards-chess (and chose chess to suggest life had not always been dissolute), but I know there's 3-card Ante or whatever, and I'm happy to be led one way or another.

Looking forward to it!
Your connection can be uneasy and tenuous, The Seven Stones is just the church that there is in town.
Swapping stuff? if it fits your character, I'm good with it.
Games? Whatever. it's flavor. Go with what feels right.

Kobold Stew said:
As I say in my one, sad little blog post at the left there, anything that keeps things moving is IMO best. I can post once a day most of the time, but not everyone can. In any case, I think you should choose as you see fit, but with the goal of driving things forward, and not waiting for silences to be filled. We'll see what sort of pace we have, but I know, speaking for myself, whatever way helps you keep momentum going is the answer that I choose.

okay, one vote for 'whatever works best'.

dream66_

First Post
Yeah I agree with whatever works best being the right answer.

I'm naming the members of my hand..

Roberc Starnharp [Male Halfling]
Dorna Crownshield [Female Dwarf]
Nym Amalith [Male Elf]
Miri Buckman [Human Female]

mips42

Adventurer
Yeah I agree with whatever works best being the right answer.

I'm naming the members of my hand..

Roberc Starnharp [Male Halfling]
Dorna Crownshield [Female Dwarf]
Nym Amalith [Male Elf]
Miri Buckman [Human Female]
I like the mix of race and gender.
Since you named them, do you see your 'hand' as all being fighters or do you think that there might be a mix of classes as well? Maybe Roberc is your soldier/spy while Miri is a soldier/wizard, Dorna a soldier/cleric and Nym a soldier/archer... Just thoughts.

2 votes for whatever works.

Remove ads