Ashes, all OOC

dream66_

First Post
Bree Windrivver

Female Human(Illuskan) Soldier Fighter 1
5'10" 152 lbs.; Hair: Red; Eyes: Green
AL: NG; Lang: Common, Dwarven
Personality: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal: Nation. My city, nation, or people are all that matter. (Gravos)
Bond: Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.
Flaw: I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong.

Str(S): 15(+2) Dex: 15(+2) Con(S): 16(+3) Int: 9(-1) Wis: 14(+2) Cha: 16(+3)
Size: M; Speed: 30; AC: 17; Init: +2; HP: 13/13; Hit Dice: 1d10; Passive Wisdom: 12;

Attacks: Melee: +4 longsword (1d8 slashing, 1d10 Versatile) Ranged: +4 light crossbow (1d8 peircing, range 80/320, ammunition, loading, two-handed)

Proficiency(+2): All Armor and Shields, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, dice, vehicles (land)

Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Intimidation, Survival

Fighter Features:
Fighting Style: Protection: When a creature Bree can see attacks a target within 5 ft of Bree other than her, she can use her reaction to impose disadvantage on the attack roll. She must be wielding a shield.
Second Wind Once per short rest, Bree may regain 1d10+1 hp as a bonus action.

Background Feature:
Military Rank Bree may invoke her rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. She can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized.

Equipment:
chain shirt
longsword
shield
light crossbow and 20 bolts
backpack
  • crowbar
  • hammer
  • 10 pitons
  • 10 torches
  • a tinderbox
  • 10 days of rations
  • trophy (torn goblin banner)
  • bone dice
  • a small packet filled with pink dust
strapped to outside of backpack;
  • waterskin
  • 50ft of hempen rope
insignia of rank
common clothes
belt pouch, 10gp

Bree loves the dukedom of her birth, so much she signed up for the military as soon as she was old enough, fought a brutal campaign against goblin hordes in the north. When Crown point comes under attack, she rushes to assist.

I think point buy is still allowed, I just rolled to see what I would get and and despite planning on playing a cleric I kept this. Bree here's a badass.

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
Pierce, you can roll, use point buy or use the array 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. Whatever you like.

Dream66: looks good. In the brief blurb at the end are you stating that she was in the ranks of Gravos' military? (that's fine, I just want to make sure I understood)

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
You guys need some healing (with a bit of lock picking)!

Heron Dawnwater, High Elf Life Cleric 1.
Background: Criminal

Stats (rolled here)

Str 9 (-1)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 16 (+3)
Cha 12 (+1)

Hit Points: 9
AC: 17

Elf things: Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, Trance, Elf Weapons

Cleric Things: Wis and Cha saves; cleric weapons and armour, heavy armour; disciple of life (+2+level hps. on healing.)

Criminal things: Criminal contact

Languages: Common, Elvish, Goblin

Skills: Perception, Insight, History, Deception, Stealth
Tools: Thieves' tools, Dragonchess set

Wizard Cantrip: Mage hand.

Cleric Cantrips (3): Sacred flame, spare the dying, guidance.

Cleric Spells: 2x level 1 (save DC 13; attack +5)
Prepared: (4) Bless, Cure wounds, Healing Word, Guided Bolt, Sanctuary, Command

More rolls:
Criminal specialty: (7) Pickpocket
Personality: (3) always note where valuables are or may be hidden
Ideal: (5) I'm loyal to my friends.
Bond: (5) I'm guilty of a terrible crime, looking for forgiveness.
Flaw: (6) Someone is in prison because of me. I'm okay with that.

Chain Shirt*, Shield, Holy Symbol
shortsword*, thieves' tools*
Priests' pack
crowbar, dark common clothes with a hood, belt pouch with 13gp
bedroll, dragonchess set
Trinket: a tiny cage with no door

*swapped for chain mail; swapped for war hammer; swapped for light crossbow

Description:
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 125
Skin Copper, Eyes Black, Gold Hair trimmed to about an inch

Last edited:

dream66_

First Post
Dream66: looks good. In the brief blurb at the end are you stating that she was in the ranks of Gravos' military? (that's fine, I just want to make sure I understood)

Yes, that was the plan.

Kobold Stew: thank you, healing will be useful when I stand up there and let things beat on me.

Kaodi

Hero
Liam Lostword, male human wizard 1/sage (wizard's apprentice)
Str 11 Dex 10 Con 10 Int 13 Wis 7 Cha 9
skills: arcana, history, investigation, medicine
languages: common, elven, dwarven, gnomish
features: spellcasting, arcane recovery, reseracher
cantrips: fire bolt, mage hand, prestidigitation
1st level spells: comprehend languages, detect magic, identify, mage armour, magic missile, shield
equipment: dagger, component pouch, explorer's pack, spellbook, a bottle of ink, a quill, a small knife, a letter from a dead colleague posing a question Liam is unable to answer, common clothes, belt pouch w/ 10 gp

Liam might not have been the worst apprentice his master ever had, but his name was officially entered into contention. His intellect might be above average amongst the common folk but combined with his complete lack of common sense he was never, in the eyes of wizardly adepts, going to amount to anything. After a memorable accident in which a misplaced firebolt detonated an experiment and nearly burned the lab down, the young apprentice was relegated to searching musty old tomes and tending injuries (some caused by him) instead.

His master might have taken a few liberalities when he declared Liam's apprenticeship "complete" and promptly kicked him to the curb. In any case, Liam was thrust upon the world, just another bumbling wizard. However, sometime after he received a letter from a colleague of his master that sent him on the trail of a mystery that he has yet to be able to solve. The colleague, it turns out, is dead, and the trail of clues had brought him to Crown Point when news of the unpleasantness arrived. Though not much of a fighter, Liam figures he would make a passable torchbearer for more able warriors. Those sorts of people might even come to appreciate his other skills.

PierceSG

First Post
If anyone is feeling generous, please feel free to help me vet my character sheet. :p

Name: Ashurn Greyrat
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alighnment: Chaotic Good
Personality: If someone is in trouble, Ashurn will always be ready to lend a hand.
Ideal: Freedom. Ashurn believes tyrants must not be allowed to oppress people.
Bond: Ashurn will always try to protect innocent people who can't protect themselves.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules tha land Ashurn lives in will stop at nothing to see him killed.
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 164 lbs
Language: Common & Dwarvish
Looks: Short and lean but with a well-built body. Black hair, tanned skin with dark brown eyes. He wears a heavy looking chain mail, equipped with a greatsword in his hand, a warhammer hooked to his waist on his left and 2 handaxes hooked on his waist by the right.
Background: Folk Hero
Defining Event: Ashurn broke into a tyrant's castle and stole weapons to arm the people against the fight of a bandit raid.
Background Feature: Since Ashurn comes from the rank of the common folk, he fits in among them with ease. He can find a place to hide, rest or recuperate among other commoners unless he have shown himself to be a danger to them. They will shield Ashurn from the law or anyone else searching for him, though they will not risk their lives doing so.

Hit Points: 14/14
Second Wind: 1/1 (1d10+1 hit points)
Strength: 16 (+3 mod)
Dexterity: 10 (+0 mod)
Constitution: 16 (+3 mod)
Intelligence: 11 (+0 mod)
Wisdom: 10 (+0 mod)
Charisma: 14 (+2 mod)
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Initiative: +0
Armor Class: 16 AC
Hit Dice: 1d10
Passive Wisdom: 10
Fighter Features:
Fighting Style - Great Weapon Fighting: When you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack you make with a melee weapon that you're wielding with two hands, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll, even if the new roll is a 1 or 2. The weapon must have the two-handed or versatile property for you to gain this benefit.
Second Wind: On Ashurn's turn, he can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + his fighter's level. Once he uses this feature, he must finish a short or long rest before he can use it again.

Skills: Animal Handling (Background bonus), Survival (Background bonus), Atheletics, Intimidation.
Proficiency - Armor: All armor and shield.
Proficiency - Weapons: Simple weapons and martial weapons.
Proficiency - Tools: Smith's tools, vehicles (land)

Melee Attack: Greatsword, two-handed - +4 to attack rolls, 2d6+3 slashing damage
Melee Attack: Warhammer, versatile - +4 to attack rolls, 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage (1d10+3 bludgeoning damage if held with two hands)
Melee Attack: Handaxe, light - +4 to attack rolls, 1d6+3 slashing damage
Ranged Attack: Handaxe, light, thrown (range 20/60) - +4 to attack rolls, 1d6+3 slashing damage

Wealth: 10 gp
Equipment: Total weight/carrying capacity - 153 lbs/240 lbs (68 lbs/240 lbs without backpack)
Chain Mail, heavy: 16 AC, 55 lbs (Disadvantage on stealth)
Greatsword, two handed: 2d6 slashing, 6 lbs
Warhammer, versatile: 1d8(1d10) bludgeoning, 2 lbs
Handaxe (2), light, thrown: 1d6 slashing, range 20/60, 4 lbs (2 lbs each)
Belt pouch: contains 10 GP, 1 lb
Backpack: 5lbs
-Bedroll, tied on to the backpack on the outside: 7lbs
-Mess kit: 1lb
-Tinderbox: 1 lb
-Torches: 10 torches, 10 lbs (1 lb each)
-Ration: For 10 days, 20 lbs (2 lbs each)
-Waterskin: 5 lbs
-Hempen rope: 50 feet, tied to the side of the backpack, 10 lbs
-Smith's tools: 8 lbs
-Shovel: 5 lbs
-Iron pot: 10 lbs
-Common clothes: 3 lbs

Ashurn was born a commoner. He had once harbored the dreams of joining the army of the ruler of his land and trained since young.
But everything changed when one day news of a bandit raid came to light and the ruler chose to abandon the village Ashurn was in. The ruler even had his soldiers executed the village chief for protesting against his decision.
Ashurn, without thinking too much, sneaked into the castle's armory one night and stole as much weapons as he could, to arm the villagers against the impending raid.
In the end, Ashurn and the villagers have managed to repel the bandits.
But that was not the end, the ruler was very angry with Ashurn and send his man to attack the village. Even though Ashurn fended them off, but he knew the village would not be safe if he stayed and left in the following night.
Even then, the ruler wasn't going to let Ashurn go and had hired mercenaries and bounty hunters to go after Ashurn.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
It will probably also be the last time it is Liam's turn to have watch, ;) . I might change that name though to a different "L" . There is a Liam in another game I am in. Lloyd Lostword would work I think. Lester would be the other alternative.

dream66_

First Post
It will probably also be the last time it is Liam's turn to have watch, ;) . I might change that name though to a different "L" . There is a Liam in another game I am in. Lloyd Lostword would work I think. Lester would be the other alternative.

No offense to anyone's real name but Lester does grab me for the "no common sense" guy better than Lloyd.

I think I'll change Betha's name too, For a tough strong girl, I don't want to be that close to Bertha

Remove ads