Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Then I believe the plan is as follows:

1) Restoration on Hulgyr
2) Zaeryl and Ironwolf, along with Alymace's body and the treasure, teleport to Orussus
3) Orussus group will also suggest a mission of mercy to the Orussus temples, though they can't respond promptly
4) The rest of the party finishes up here, helping the villagers to the extent they are able
5) We all meet up in the RDI and divide up the treasure that's left after the fee for the restorations and the ressurection (if Alymace hasn't found his final rest...)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Zaeryl likes that plan except that he suggests that fees for purchasing Restoration and Resurrection should generally come out of the purchaser's own share)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Zaeryl likes that plan except that he suggests that fees for purchasing Restoration and Resurrection should generally come out of the purchaser's own share)

ooc: Seems like a pre-split cost to me. I wouldn't suggest Hulgyr would need to take the (now used) power stone as part of his share, either. Loot division tends to vary greatly from group to group, though. Straw vote?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It's true that loot division can be tricky. I've seen one group that did some ridiculously horrible thing where they found an item that one of the characters wanted, but since the item was more than 1/6th of the total treasure (there were 6 PCs), they forced her to abandon it and sell it for half and then split the half amongst all 6, and then she couldn't afford to buy the item back from the store with her share

Anyways, I guess it's an interesting question as to who should pay. It usually doesn't matter because (a) healing is generally cheap and it doesn't matter (the exception being rezes) and (b) in non-LEW games, groups stay together, so the "Groups split the cost for rez" strategy is pretty much totally equitable for the party. But in LEW, the PCs are unlikely to adventure with each other again, so it's much less clear-cut.)

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: I've always voted for that to be party costs, it worked when Ashnar had to be raised twice. We all paid for it and only split the treasure after. Its already going to suck having to loose a level for going down.)

ajanders

Explorer
Treasure and levels

Party cost is fine with me.
In his present state of mind, Michael is too easily distracted by shiny things to think much about treasure. Unless the treasure is shiny.

As for levelling up, if Michael can get his wisdom back to 16 temporarily, he can take a fifth level of cleric, memorize 2 3rd level spells, and permanently cure himself. Will a lesser restoration cure that ability damage for a day?

If this isn't possible, I'm having some difficulty justifying Michael taking a 5th level of cleric: he might do something different to fit his altered circumstances: hopefully someone would cure him later.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No--no form of Restoration will restore the ability penalty unless the Affliction is removed (which automatically does so). It isn't ability damage--it's the penalty from a template applied by the disease

Anyway, assuming Almayce votes to save himself money, it looks like that's a winner.)

ajanders

Explorer
Michael investigates any shiny stones in the treasure, because he likes shiny stones.
Does one of them turn out to be a periapt of wisdom? or part of a necklace of prayer beads?

Remove ads