Assassin City

Nightbreeze

First Post
"Hmm, let's try to learn a little bit more about this fellow. Getting him excited should make him use his real voice"

"Nah, I'm too lazy to that just now. Guess I'll be civil, this time"

Really now? You have two commisions, and one of them with a competitor of mines? If he doesn't seem reliable, may I suggest you a couple of extremely professional workers? - Ethranor smiles, while trying to spot what face lies under the hood [spot +5+

TRD

First Post
Taking his place standing with his back to Ethranor, the young halfling keeps one ear on the conversation at the table while keeping an eye on the crowd.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Ethan stretches and lazily makes his way to the second floor. He stumbles against the railing, even goes so far as to let out a rather loud belch. Instead of walking the rest of the way up the stairs, he sits in the middle of them; slumped against the railing. He opens his eyes just wide enough scan the room.

+9 bluff +8 spot

Dire Lemming

First Post
[sblock=Ethranor]Despite the man's hood and a scarf wrapped around the lower portion of his face, you make out dark skin, dark eyes, and a bit of dark hair.[/sblock]

The figure stares at Ethranor silently for moment and then says, "Sorry, had to make sure you were here for the right reason, you know... So... There's this man. A merchant, name of Bartholomew Weyland. My employers are prepared to pay you seven 'undred for successful completion, 'owever, if the target is the only one knocked off, they're prepared to throw in a bonus o' two 'undred. All in gold o' course. I c'n give ye more details if ye're interested."

Braxis notices that the two of the young nobles, the man who's been referred to as Alton, and the woman who's been called Diane, have started drunkenly making out on the table. Their friend, whom they've called "Piggy", a relatively portly fellow in comparison, and slightly less drunk, watches amusedly. The other patrons on the balcony seem either annoyed or entertained.

Downstairs, Ethan sees very little out of the ordinary. He notices a man enter, carrying a black leather case that resembles the shape of a fiddle. No one seems to pay Ethan any mind.

[sblock=OOC]It seems that we're all a bit confused. The client is at a table on the second floor. In order to see him however, you need to be on the second floor as well. I was under the mistaken impression that Ethan was on the second floor, so... Well I'll just edit my post a bit.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nightbreeze

First Post
Ethranor stands back a little bit, a thoughtful expression on his (disguised) face. He tries to recollect his thoughts and see if he knows anything about this fellow [knowledge(local) +9]

"How many days do I have to accomplish the work? Is he prepared? Meaning, does he know that someone is going to try to kill him? Anything out of the ordinary, regarding his house and his bodyguards?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Ethranor really can't get a good look at the fellow thanks to the scarf from what he's seen and heard, he could be tied to any number of organized criminal groups. From the way he is talking, he's probably not at the top of whatever organization it is.

The edges of the man's eyes raise, indicating a smile. "Well, there's no set deadline, but don' take too long. I don' think my employers will mind waitin' two weeks, but they might start to get impatient after that. As far as we know, he doesn' know anythin' specific, but he's careful. He's got two bodyguards who live in his manor. He's got a few slaves that shouldn' interfere. There's also 'is wife. She's quite the looker from what I hear. Not moren' twenty, I dunno how an old guy like 'im got a girl like her." The man shrugs "Probably did some favors for her father. She's the daughter o' a duke."

There's a thumping sound at the table with the young nobles, and Diane lets out a small shriek. Braxis can see that Alton has apparently passed out and trapped her underneath him.

Downstairs, Ethan can see the tavern maid who'd taken his order, looking annoyed as she realizes that he is no longer at his table.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Ethan tries to hide his smile as he sees the barmaid looking for him. He sprawls out across the steps, fully intent on finding a place to sleep (like any good drunk would). He scans the crowd, looking for the man he had seen earlier. "Best be keepin' tabs on everyone." he thinks to himself.

ooc: Is he close enough to hear the main conversation? Doesn't really matter, just asking. Oh, and where is the man with the black case from earlier. I'd like to watch him.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Considering that the conversation between Ethranor and the client is kept quiet to avoid anyone not at the table from hearing it, Ethan cannot hear any of it at all.

The man with the black case seems to have found himself a central location in the common room and has set down his case upon a table, it appears that he is about to open it. Others around him seem to be quite happy to see him.

The tavern maid finally notices him on the stairs and walks over to the foot of them with a tray in one hand, and a cross expression. "Sir, I canna' have ye blocking th' stairs. If ye'll please return to your table, I'll serve ye ye'r ale, an ye can get back to gettin' pissed."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Ethan waves the barmaid off, but stands to comply. "Lass, who is that man with the black case? Regular here? A bard? I better be for gettin close to view the show then eh?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
She turns to look at the man, "Aye, Bertram, he comes in most nights ta' play 'is fiddle. It's good for business... an' he's not bad lookin' neither." She stares at him silently for a moment, before continuing. "Morton give 'im free drinks to keep commin' back." Turning back to Ethan with a much softer expression she says to him, "'ere's yer ale, please keep th' stairs clear, we don' want no one trippin' an' snappin' their neck or sommat." She holds out the tray to him.

As the girl said, Bertram appears to be a bard, he climbs up to sit on the table, and takes a fiddle out of his case. It looks like he's getting ready to play.

Last edited:

Remove ads