Assassin's Cloak feat

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Um... if you are suggesting that Rogues with the right set of powers aren't sneaky - well, you are dead wrong on that.

No, I'm suggesting that a feat that has a niche appeal which could be useful to a wide variety of character classes shouldn't have the requirement of being an assassin strapped onto it.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
I'm not sure I agree - the rogues stealth feets would be useful to a warlock, but they don't get them.

Rather, different classes have a different schtick. For assassin's, it seems turning invisible is part of their "thing" - hence a power that improves that.

So, it makes sense that a class that has something as their "thing" has a power improving that "thing" restricted to that class - even if that power might be of benefit to another class.

Different classes often do similar things - the way they do it is what differentiates them. Sure, one class could benefit from what another class does - but to say "heh - I do the same thing - give me the same powers" is to remove the differentiation and make the classes the same and thus kind of "meh".

Personally, I welcome each class having their own mechanic, even if they fill similar roles - that's what makes it interesting to play one class or the other.

Remove ads