• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assassin's Cloak feat

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Um... if you are suggesting that Rogues with the right set of powers aren't sneaky - well, you are dead wrong on that.

No, I'm suggesting that a feat that has a niche appeal which could be useful to a wide variety of character classes shouldn't have the requirement of being an assassin strapped onto it.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
I'm not sure I agree - the rogues stealth feets would be useful to a warlock, but they don't get them.

Rather, different classes have a different schtick. For assassin's, it seems turning invisible is part of their "thing" - hence a power that improves that.

So, it makes sense that a class that has something as their "thing" has a power improving that "thing" restricted to that class - even if that power might be of benefit to another class.

Different classes often do similar things - the way they do it is what differentiates them. Sure, one class could benefit from what another class does - but to say "heh - I do the same thing - give me the same powers" is to remove the differentiation and make the classes the same and thus kind of "meh".

Personally, I welcome each class having their own mechanic, even if they fill similar roles - that's what makes it interesting to play one class or the other.

Remove ads