Assault on Dire Wood

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Hum. Something weird about the life-weave on this side," commented Yannock in the voice of somebody trying to speak over something only he could hear. "Like an earthshake that just WON'T end!" He cast a troubled gaze into the thickening woods, red-coloured in the fading light... "You feel it too, shadow lass?"

OOC:Peepers: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Yann's words tear Bumble from he fascination with Kesem's backpack.

"Are you feeling alright big man?" the little halfling asks. "best find out now while it is relatively safe." and with a shrug she crosses the treeline into the dire wood.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka moved forward past the Warding Trees- she still moved smoothly, but far slower than she had on the trail. The feeling of being watched intensified- and worsened. She swept her gaze across the thicker, twisted forest ahead, and one black-gloved hand dropped to the hilt of the sword at her waist...

[sblock= Perception] Perception 1d20+9= 25; roll http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=108666
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
The silver coin in Dorn's hand starts to warm up and becomes soft, almost like putty, in his hand. It flows over and in between his fingers and is absorbed by the tree. As the coin is fully absorbed, he sees a fleeting image in his mind of something large and red chained to a rocky surface, an unearthly scream is coming from the creature. In the background float islands of rock and he can just make out winged creatures flying between them.

The image was very brief and indistinct and left Dorn with a mild headache.

He does note that this tree didn't move though.

As his companions start moving across the circle's perimeter, Dorn seems to stand still in front of a white tree. He shutters, obviously from something deeply troubling. He manages to speak, in a very low voice at first but with increasing resolve "Companions...wait... I saw him... it... the red giant... the silver coin allowed me to see it...". He pauses an instant, and holds the bit of fleece tied around his belt, seemingly to reassure himself but perhaps not, and gathers the strength to invoke the minor magics he knows. "This is what I saw" he mutters, and a small image of the giant appears in his extended palm, along with the other details, with sounds, of the tableau.

OOC: Casting of prestidigitation for the image in his palm, along with minor illusion for the sounds. Dorn will cast multiple times so the others can see every detail he remembers.

Perception check [roll0]

Thanks for the inspiration ;-)

FYI, I will remove 1 Silver Piece from Dorn's wealth when I get around to it.

Let me see ...
Kesem says as he draws closer to Dorn
A glimpse into the space and time. You had a revelation.
Kesem tries to comprehend from Dorn;s spell what he saw.

3SpdDragster

First Post
[sblock=perception20+] When the silver coin disappeared you noticed a Warding Tree ninety feet away move back about six inches. [/sblock]

Bumble staggers as she crosses the border created by the Warding Trees, for a moment she thought her connection to her god had been severed! But as her racing heart slowed she found that it was still there, though somewhat muted; like looking through a very dirty window. There was an almost sulphurous tang to the connection, it felt unfamiliar but it seemed to have no effect on her connection to her divine magic.

OOC: As Dorn uses his powers to show the rest of the party his vision. Could I get a religion check from everyone please.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Bumble staggers as she crosses the border created by the Warding Trees
Loud Yann raised sympathetic brows, figuring the small mother had just felt the same thing he did upon crossing. "I can see how this'd fall on a guy's nerves after a while, eh?" he commented with a wry grin. "No wonder the villagers wouldn't stay! Hm..." His gaze swept the woods, then he looked back towards Dorn, then down to his hand when that worthy spoke up...

OOC: Know Nature on the vegetation inside the ring, please 3Spd. Does it look like they're local plants twisted by something, or are there 'strangers' in the mix, so to speak? Nature: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

Religion: 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

3SpdDragster

First Post
To Yann's trained eyes the foliage in the forest looks like the normal array of trees and bushes that one would expect in this climate. However, they look twisted and misshapen as if some crazed painter had been asked to transform the setting into something from a nightmare. There are however a lot more vines and bushes that normal, these species grow a lot faster and that may explain the density.

[sblock=religion10+]
The scene displayed above Dorn's hand has much of the symbolism attached to the Nine Hells, the chained entity represents a soul being punished. [/sblock]

Remove ads