Assault on Dire Wood

3SpdDragster

First Post
Dorn and Bumble

The wagon spends the day slowly winding its way south. In the early evening Kelonmaz Whitebow calls a halt for the evening to allow cooking fires to be established. Once the wagons are set and the hub of routine established, Kelonmaz Whitebow came over to Bumble and Dorn's wagon.

He nods to Dorn, "Excuse me young man, might I have a word with the good sister?" With the easy authority of someone who is used to their requests being taken as orders.

"Sister Bumble, I am glad your order could accommodate us in our time of need. Might I talk to you about the nature of our troubles?"

Kesem (not Kazem - Kesem is magic in Hebrew) appeared from beyond the tall fighter with a smile. He was dressed with robes that hid the plain leather armor beneath them, no apparent weapon was visible as the man's weapons were his hand and his tongue.
Your singing and poems were a delight to my ears. I am very intrigued by the High Forest tales, tell me my kind man, are they true ?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Dorn and Bumble

My my, it seems that lady fortune has once again smiled at me! Dorn thinks to hiself, as the Elven trader doesn't wait for his answer and addreses Bumble, I don't think the gods could have picked a better wagon for me! he mentally rejoices, his pleasure not affecting his stoic demeanor. He manages a perfunctory nod as an agreement, and listens attentively, as more information can only lead to good opportunities.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Yannock and Kesem

"Yes," wholeheartedly agreed Loud Yann, clanking filled tankards with the older half-elf with a deep chuckle: "bards are known to sometimes exaggerate. Is there any truth behind this one?"

He was tired from all that business with the caravan - and all that walking! - but it was a GOOD kind of tired, now that they were in a warm inn and their bellies were getting towards full -- or as full as his ever got!

So he wiped a huge hand on his brigandine-covered belly and offered it to clasp: "Yannock of the Mintarn Boles! And this little slip's Kesem the Wizard, from Silverymoon!"

OOC: He'll suggest they grab a table when the time's right.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ydadoras knelt by the fire and fed another branch into it, stoking it till the fresh fuel caught. He watched as Rikka approached, like in the forest, shadow seemed to cling to her. Very odd, he thinks to himself. She has been gone for several years and obviously changed from the child-woman he remembered. Much must have happened to her but he found that he really was interested in one thing only.

"Are you staying to help?" he asks quietly.

Rikka moved to stand by the fire- at first she seemed lost in though, obviously digesting whatever she had learned from her parents. After a few moments she shook her head lightly and crouched, staring into the flames. She finally seemed to have heard Ydadoras, and nodded briefly. She reached into her satchel and pulled out a small square of slate and a piece of chalk.

'Of Course', she wrote quickly. 'This was my home, once. Maybe it might be so again. But I must earn it.'

She turned the slate around, allowing Ydadoras to read what was written there- then pulled it back and erased the first words with her sleeve.

'They said the elders have chosen to call upon outsiders to help find out what has happened here, and maybe to fix it, if we can. Have they started already? Do we know when they will start arriving?' Once again she wrote with the chalk for a few moments and turned the slate so it could be read.

River Song

Explorer
Ydadoras and Rikka

Reading Rikka's words by the firelight, Ydadoras smiles sadly.

"Kelonmaz has travelled north looking for aid and others have also headed out." he snaps some small branches and adds them to the fire. "He should be back in a few days, so you will have plenty of time to reaquaint with your family."

"We have sent groups to investigate but all have ended badly."He looks over at the strange elf, considering her thoughfully. "What training have you received? You move well."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Dorn and Bumble

My my, it seems that lady fortune has once again smiled at me! Dorn thinks to hiself, as the Elven trader doesn't wait for his answer and addreses Bumble, I don't think the gods could have picked a better wagon for me! he mentally rejoices, his pleasure not affecting his stoic demeanor. He manages a perfunctory nod as an agreement, and listens attentively, as more information can only lead to good opportunities.

"It is my pleasure, I am not the most scholarly of my order." she smiles at the elf. "Also, Dorn here is interested."

3SpdDragster

First Post
Kesem and Yann

The bard nods as the three of you move off to a table, he motions to the barkeep indicating the table and shortly a serving maid brings out several drinks.

"Aye, they are sadly true. My names is Arlen by the way," he takes a long pull of his drink. "I have kin there myself and went though several weeks ago to visit and saw the, I don't know what to call it really. The elves had sent several forays into the wood but most got mauled by creatures not native to that area. They have lost many hunters but I think they realise they are not equipped to deal with this."

He looks thoughtfully at you both, "Adventurers are the kind of people they need but like most of my elven kin they are were too proud to ask for aid. This has changed now that Kelonmaz Whitebow is the elder. He is actively looking for aid. Now I have heard of your exploits at Thundertree Island, Yannock and I believe you are exactly the kind of man they need."

Turning to Kesem, "What about you Kesem, are you an adventurer also?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[...]" Now I have heard of your exploits at Thundertree Island, Yannock and I believe you are exactly the kind of man they need."
"Oho, so you heard about that," the big man looked pleasantly abashed, scratching at his cheek.

(He and his friends had bragged to everybody that would stand still after that one, but he'd no idea the story had gotten out quite *that* far!)

I solve mysteries ...
Kesem replies, trying to find the proper words
You can refer to me as a sage that knows how to defend himself when danger is facing him but the danger is far worse in secret and hidden knowledge than from a monster that threatens to kill you.

Remove ads