Assault on Dire Wood

Skarsgard

Explorer
The little halfling cleric's brow was furrowed as she thought about the situation. Could these be part of an even larger force? Then a thought entered her mind and would not be shook loose.

"Hang on, did you say the trail led straight from their camp to where we were?" she asks looking at the three scouts.

"So they knew where we were? Do patrols normally just go straight out? No sign of any others? How did they know?" she almost slipped into rapid fire halfling as her thoughts tumbled out.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Ambush one at their latrine and ask him what's what?" piled on Loud Yann, getting into the spirit of things.

Dorn laughs out loud at Yann's comment and the mental image of an ogre going about his business, then reflects a bit, and says "This is brilliant! they should be alone or in small numbers at the latrine, and would be easier to pick out".

"Hang on, did you say the trail led straight from their camp to where we were?" she asks looking at the three scouts.

"So they knew where we were? Do patrols normally just go straight out? No sign of any others? How did they know?" she almost slipped into rapid fire halfling as her thoughts tumbled out.

Dorn became very serious. He nervously readied his bow and looked around. "We can't have the element of surprise if we're being watched. We should move as soon as possible not to be an easy target"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Ah, they probably just have a magical warning thingy at the edge or sumthing," waved Yannock, obviously unconcerned. He tried to reassure the others: "If they knew we'd triumphed over the first batch - well - they wouldn't be just... eating around, now would they?"

The hefty man looked to Rikka in particular for some support in this.

OOC: Did Yannock spot/hear/see traces of any animal at all since entering the zone, 3Spd? That would include birds flying overhead.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Once again, Rikka conjured the simple illusory image of a map, and pointed out the sentry in relation to the rest of the camp.

Then she picked up her slate and chalk. "WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE HIM OUT QUIETLY BUT I DOUBT IT. THOSE THINGS CAN TAKE A LOT OF PUNISHMENT. ANY AMBUSH RISKS BRINGING THE WHOLE GROUP AFTER US. WE CAN TRY TO GO AROUND THEM. MAYBE ONLY THOSE OTHER THINGS CAN SENSE US OR MAYBE THEY WERE WARNED- THE OTHERS WERE SET TO AMBUSH US, NOT A RANDOM PATROL."

River Song

Explorer
Ydadoras nodded to the little mother with respect, she was a wise one.

"I think the capture of a foe will be a good way to get information," he agrees. "However, what methods will be employ and we might need to dispose of the evidence?"

With a look up at the sky, "Night might be our best option, however, they might be expecting their patrol back before then. The latrines may be the best way to go, if the least tasteful."

Not wise to capture an Orc, they are wiser than the Ogres and can resist spells more easily. Ogres are easier to convince, they are brute but stupid and soft words can penetrate their mind easily. All I need is get closer without being seen, Rikka, can you share wth me the secret and help me.
Kesem says

Remove ads