Assault on Dire Wood

pathfinderq1

First Post
The elven woman who had first appeared with Ydadoras had not said a word during the entire meeting so far. She had looked over each of the newcomers (and had not been subtle about it), and she had listened intently to each of the questions- and to the answers.

Finally, though, she leaned forward. Instead of speaking, she pulled out a piece of dark slate and some chalk. She wrote for a moment, then turned the slate around, letting each of the others read what was written there.

'BEFORE WE GO INTO DANGER WE NEED TO KNOW- ARE ANY OF YOU SKILLED SCOUTS? CAN YOU MOVE WELL IN THE WOODS, AND SEE WHAT IS HIDDEN? OR MUST WE SHEPHERD YOU THROUGH THE FOREST UNTIL YOUR SKILLS MAY BE BROUGHT TO BEAR?'

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Dorn addresses the silent elf "While I prefer cities and know little about wood beasts and such, I am very adept at being quiet and remaining unseen. I also have a few talents that may prove useful should we encounter enemies on our way." After this last comment, mumbles a few intelligible syllables, grins, and his face appears identical to the elf's. He then reverts to his real appearance, which is similar to what he looked like before, but younger looking, and without a beard "We will likely be brother and sister in arms quite soon, so there is no reasons for me to mask myself, even if it is something I enjoy doing for fun"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Ha! Something of the Fay in you, hey friend?" nodded Big Yann, reaching over to lay an appreciative paw on Dorn's shoulder. "You're alright! I myself do alright in the Great Green, but they don't call me 'Loud Yann' for nothing!"

A humorous pause before he gestured towards Rika's throat with friendly interest, "You're mute, right? How did that happen?"

Binder Fred

"What?" blustered back the giant. "I was just asking!"

But then he glanced towards Rikka, and scratched hard at his sideburns, like a big bear making his claws...

"Hm. Just asking, but how bad did I step in it would ya say...?" he finally inquired of the shadowed maid, asking for her expert opinion.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka gave Yann a long, considering look. She started to pull her slate back, then stopped, and gave a quick wave of her hand and a shake of her head- presumably a gesture of 'it doesn't matter.'

Binder Fred

"Not angry, not smiling, not talking," Large Yann summarized with a helpless shrug towards Kesem: "What's a red-blooded guy to do?" He turned back towards Rikka, "Well you got a 'pology in stock if ever you want it, shadow lass! And I'm always open to stories. And maybe somebody can tell us what's here?" This last directed at the other elves among them and with a big index finger hovering over the little circle Ydadoras had called the 'old elven encampment' on his map. "Anything left here when you went? Walls maybe? Trails in and out? Root cellars?"

Someplace defendable could come in pretty handy in a pinch.

3SpdDragster

First Post
Whitebow nods his head and gives the big man a look of approval. " Good question, there are no walls, we like to be close to nature but there is a large communal cellar at the centre of the village. Ydadoras knows where it is, and it should be easy to defend and could house all of you quite comfortably. You might find odds and ends around the place but we took everything we could with us."

Binder Fred

"Cellars, allies and rivers! Perfect! This'll be a great help to us, Ydadoras, elder Whitebow." Yannock gave the map one last look, for memory's sake, scratching at his ample belly in eager anticipation... "I've got a good feeling about this one." He chuckled: "Won't be able to sleep a wink tonight though!"

OOC: Actually, turns out that he snores. :)

Remove ads