• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assay Resistance?

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Can someone post the stats and source for the spell assay resistance? I'm not looking for anything verbatim ... just the basics. Thanks!

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Cast as an immediate action, learn the resistances and immunities of one target. You also gain a +10 to beat that targets SR. No save, no SR to resist effect. It may be close range, I had a cleric who used it all the time, but it was 4 months back.

Jeff Wilder

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Cast as an immediate action, learn the resistances and immunities of one target. You also gain a +10 to beat that targets SR. No save, no SR to resist effect. It may be close range, I had a cleric who used it all the time, but it was 4 months back.
Thanks! Do you know the level? Any M or F components?

noeuphoria

First Post
Level 4, I don't think there are any remarkable material components (i.e. should be covered by buying your spell components bag). I don't recall the spell letting you know about a creature's resistances, I think it just gives you +10 to beat the SR of a specific creature for 1rd/level.

Nail

First Post
Assay Resistance
Divination
Level: Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 rd/lvl

This spell enables you to divine the exact nature and vulnerabilities of a single creature's magical defences, giving you a +10 bonus on caster level checks to overcome its spell resistance. Assay Resistance is effective only against one specific creatures per casting, and you must be able to see the creature when you cast the spell.

Nail

First Post
Evilhalfling said:
Cast as an immediate action, ...
Swift action, actually.

Some of the text (the first half of the first sentence, actually) is unclear, and leads some to believe the spell tells you more than the subject's SR. (Shrug)

Remove ads