Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Iggy turns to Ashnar. "Perhaps you should send your hawk out, now. I'd send Kennedy, here, but bats don't usually fly during the day and he might evoke some suspicion. Fareye could probably let you know approximately how far away the camp is, if its there at all, and perhaps some idea of the numbers or defenses."

"For what its worth, if we can seize a guard before we reach the main camp, I may be able to read his mind or charm him into giving us information about the bandit force and their defenses. Perhaps someone or two should sneak ahead of the others. I'd probably be best staying back w/Sara for now."

Patlin

Explorer
Fareye take off, quickly rising far above the forest canopy. After about 15 minutes, he returns, landing on Ashnar's outstretched arm. Ruffling his feathers as he takes a more comfortable perch on Ashnar's shoulder, he reports to his master.

Ashnar:
[sblock]Fareye has found the bandit camp, which is indeed somewhat fortified. It is surrounded by a wooden pallisade, and there are 3 guards posted outside thegate and several rough lookout towers inside the pallisade. Inside the walls, a variety of tents have been errected, and a troops drill with a variety of weapons, including longspears, bows, and swords. Fareye isn't sure of the exact number of humanoids milling about, but guesses that there must be around a score. The camp is about a mile away.[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
"Well done, Fareye." He lets the familiar fly so it can hunt and fly freely, then reports to his companions. "The camp is about a mile away, and indeed fortified with a wooden palisade. Three guards at the gate, and lookout towers inside. There are several tents, and troops drill with a variety of weapons - spears, bows, swords. Fareye thinks there are about a score people in the camp, but we should be prepared for more."

Velmont

First Post
"Eight men to storm a wooden palissade. Did I told you how I like the idea to prepare a good tactic? Seems a good time to apply the idea. Spears, bow and sword, look likes a good combination to use everyone at the same time...

Do you think we could burn a part of the palissade so we may bring confusion in the camp?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"While we do not know of their defences around the clock, I think we might be better served if we wait till night time to attack. Alternatively we could wait for a portion of the forces to depart before we storm the fort." suggests Tenebrynn.

Knight Otu

First Post
"A fire you say? My burning hands spell could burn flammable materials, but it won't be a big fire, and I'd have to get very close to the palisades unseen. Also, I would prefer to catch all of them at the same time. Even without a capable leader, the remaining bandits may reorganize to continue their criminal activities. Unless their leader goes with the forces outside, and we can later storm the camp..."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Velmont said:
Do you think we could burn a part of the palissade so we may bring confusion in the camp?"
We'd need to get close in order to start a fire. Can we go through or under the wall? Tenebrynn has a good idea. Walking up to the place in daylight is suicide."

Remove ads