Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Right then, so lacking any sneaky abilities, we will have to rely on diversionary tactics. I think you might be right Iggy, if those of us with arcane power provide the diversion, the others, even lacking stealth, will be able to enter via another method and reak havoc that way. We should retreat though after perhaps 10 minutes or when Charlarn's spell gives him warning. I can also provide some melee support should our group come under attack." replies Tenebrynn.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"OK. So we want to know a few things. For one, could we arcanists find a spot to shoot spells and arrow into the camp from outside the pallisade? Also, is there a second entrance? We have no scout, per se, so preferably we would rely on our familiars. They could probably spot a door, but might not be able to determine terrain well for us."

"Probably we can assume that if the bandits have built a wall around their camp, then the only way we could get a good vantage to fire in would be to climb up a tree. This seems problematic, since we're not good climbers, and we might be seen."

"It might be best to simply try to reach the walls under the cover of darkness as a group. Then charm someone to open the gate, or pick the lock and attack as a group."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sticking together worked the last time we assaulted a fortress. We can try that again too, and hey if we can take on an army of sahuagin rising from the depths, I think these bandits wont be too big a deal." says Tenebrynn, "Really I'm flexible either way."

Patlin

Explorer
Ashnar:

[sblock]It's Fareye's opinion that the construction was a bit haphazard, and the familiar doesn't think the front gate actually has a lock to pick. It might take a bit to open it, as it's fairly bulky, but a single strong person or two weaker ones shouldn't have much trouble.[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar concentrates on his link to Fareye, to see if the hawk remembers a few more details, then says:

"Fareye seems to think the construction is sloppy, which is propably due to the speed it was set up with. Fareye does not remember a lock on the gate, but it is rather bulky. A strong person, or two weaker ones could open it."

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"So we should sneak up to the door at night & push or pull it open. I would like to know if there is a second entrance. Perhaps Fareye could have another look, or Kennedy could after dark."

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, but how do we get out the watchmen. With some luck, I could down one before they notice us, but I doubt a dead watch will remain unseen for long."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

"Most of the prayers I prepared for today are not useful in this case."
Erekose13 said:
"Sticking together worked the last time we assaulted a fortress. We can try that again too, and hey if we can take on an army of sahuagin rising from the depths, I think these bandits wont be too big a deal." says Tenebrynn, "Really I'm flexible either way."
"When we did that, the place was in ruins. We were able to climb a pile of rubble to the top. This place is in better shape. Hopefully there is a back entry."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ok so the plan is to wait until night, try to 'sneak' in through the front door and clear the place out? I wonder if an invisible scout might not be a bad idea right now. Someone could try and find an back door and remain unseen. I volunteer if you have the spell." says Tenebrynn.

Remove ads