• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Gideon

First Post
OOC: I seem to have lost the other threads for this. The Talking the Talk and the Rogues Gallery. Could some one help me out?

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar

When the rest of the group is ready for travel Ritsar will set out a slight ways infront of them and keep his nose to the wind and his body to shadows.

OOC:Over in the OOC forum I am inquiring to your learned opinions.

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros will help anyone who needs assitance moving. If no one indicates they need help, he will take rear position watching for any pursuit or creatures that are attracted to the smell of death.

Rybaer

First Post
The group moves another miles along the path until they're confident that they are well beyond the scent of the kills and whatever creatures might be attracted to that. A sheltered site is found among the increasingly large boulders that litter the terrain. The rest of the night passes quietly.

Though a few of the group are still a bit beat up from the previous night's fight, all are in good enough shape to continue the trip up the mountains. The trail winds around the mountains, following the terrain but almost always rising. Toward late afternoon, the group rounds a corner and finds what must be Kisthmetch - a small fortress built of local granite protruding from the side of a mountain on the other side of a steep valley. The trail appears to wind up another quarter mile before it reaches a long, narrow span of stone that bridges the two sides of the valley.

Ritsar is the first to spot and point out a large winged creature gliding high above the valley. It is both peculiar and dangerous in appearance, having four wings, a snake-like neck, and a large beak. Pyior has never seen one, but immediately recognizes it as an Arrowhawk.

(Pyior's beast lore check was good enough to have access to most of the relevant info found in the MM.)

Erekose13

Explorer
When Ritsar points the creature out, Ys-Korros cranes his thick neck back to look up at the strange beast. ”Now that is something I have never seen, a four-winged bird. Is it coming closer?” he asks straining to see whether the arrowhawk is decending towards them or not.

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar

Quickly gliding up next to a rock and hunkering down Ritsar points up to the sky "Hunting Bird, I don't recognize the type. It seems to just be circling. Hasn't noticed us yet as far as I can tell."

Rybaer

First Post
The bird does not appear to have taken notice...or at least any interest...in the group. It is flying in slow, lazy circles above the valley as if it has laid claim to that entire area as its hunting grounds.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I do not know if this is a good omen or not, I have never seen or indeed heard of such a creature before. Our destination is just ahead, come let us continue with our mission. I will keep an eye on the... bird." Ys-Korros says as the group stops to watch the arrowhawk.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads