[AU] Siege on Ebonring Keep - Part 2

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros looks up to his brother, hesitating to move towards the circle. What he say truely rattled him. His brother's death at his own hands, being told that his brother would cause much pain and suffering all for Ys Korros' own cause. The place where the black shadow had lept into his chest still itched.

The Heart of Darkness had shown him things that had scarred him deeply, perhaps if he could convince his brother to stay close he could reign in any unintentional disasters. "Ys-Baddaden, step with me here and stay close. I promise that I will always walk proudly beside you serving the cause of Life."

Then he stepped forward turning to the apparation and nodding silently.

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar stalks over to stand at the appropriate spot visions of Charon in life, in death, and in spirit floating through his mind.

I will revisit this place where only the spirits can teach every 2 years if it is within my power to do so. This I swear on my honor and as a tribute to Charon.

Ritsar silently swears the oath to himself

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior's nods gravely as the apparation says there was some truth to the vision, and then again when she says effort should be made towards learning and growing as a result.

Almost to himself, he mumbles, "See, I didn't think they were lies..." and then steps forward to take place in the ceremony.

Rybaer

First Post
Ys-Baddaden stands beside his brother and the others assemble around the black disc set in the floor. The apparition waits a few more moments and then begins with the ceremony.

"By facing our fears, we begin to understand our true selves. Only those with a measure of purity can stand to face what motivates their actions. The evil and selfish of the world fear fear, even if they choose to use it as a tool against others.

"In conquering your fears, you have demonstrated a degree of goodness in your souls. From this moment on, you will recognize your companions. Each of you shall bear and mark that will identify you all others in the Brotherhood of Shadows, yet shall remain invisible to all others. While the members of the Brotherhood may not always work toward the same agenda, they will at least be capable of appreciating one another on a more fundamental level.

"Repeat after me:

"I have faced the Darkness,

"I have faced my fears,

"I will continue to be mindful of darkness in my soul

"Knowing it can never be completely extinguished.

"I will strive to live in the light.

"May the Darkness be exposed."

As the last word is spoken, the dark wall that surrounds the room fades away. The rest of the room is revealed - squarish with several shelves and tables littered with trophies and knick-knacks acquired over several centuries.

Each member of the group also notices that all of the others has a faint black circle visible in the center of their foreheads. If stared at too intently, the mark seems to fade almost out of sight. The apparition also has one of these marks.

"Farewell," the apparition says before disappearing.

ooc - The characters now bear the Mark of the Brotherhood of Shadow, and will immediately recognize the mark on any other who has been through the Heart of Darkness. Furthermore, each character gains the ability Darkvision once per day, duration 60 minutes.

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros stares at the black circle on Ys-Baddaden's forehead, knowing that the same thing resides permanently on his own. Is it a blessing? It should allow them to get the key now? But a black mark so closely reminds him of the trauma he had received at the hands of this place, of what he had done to his brother. The Brotherhood of the Shadow certain sounded as ominous as Ys-Korros was now feeling. As the mark fades from his little brother's forehead, Ys-Korros shakes his his own head and says, "Well that would appear to be the Heart of Darkness, it looks like we have passed the tests set before us. The images presented here, whether lies or not, will be with us each forever." he looks up again at his brother, "Now back to our task at hand, where might this key be?"

Liminal Syzygy

Community Supporter
Pyior clears his throat and addresses Ritsar, "Congratulations on passing the test. Apparently I have misjudged you. For that, I apologize."

He smiles wanly at Ys-Korros and Ys-Baddaden. "We've succeeded, my friends. Do you think the Ebon Ring could be mixed in with these odds and ends? Perhaps we should search the room?"

Pyior casts Canny Effort (reshuffling prepared spells if necessary) and searches the room, asking his companions for help.

Gideon

First Post
Ritsar acknowledges Pyior's compliment with a smile and nod and then begins to search the room for a black ring.

"Are we allowed to take stuff from here? The spirit lady won't be mad if we take the ring?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Ys-Korros' nod is a little more hesitant, having been deeply affected by the trail that they passed through and leery of the black circle on his forehead. "Yes let's have a look at this stuff, Shaddeck said that the ring lay within Kisthmetch."

Rybaer

First Post
With their dark vision, the magical gloom of the room is easy to penetrate. Everyone starts looking over the shelves. Most of the items - books, trophies, and trinkets - seem to be of little interest.

Pyior finds a piece of parchment on one shelf that is folded several times over and sealed with wax. The name "Iriana Truthseeker" is written on the outside. He picks it up gently and feels the surface with his fingers. Sure enough, there seems to be a good sized ring sealed inside.

Remove ads