[AU] Stone Bones

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Dak belives the small group that he sensed is no more than a dozen...*

OOC - Are you shoving off to confront the Shadow Serpent with the evidence you have, or gathering more?

Erekose13

Explorer
"Dak, did the spirits of the green tell you which group was closer?

I think it might be best to gather more evidence, or at least double check that what we have actually constitutes evidence. Dak, Leesea, can you tell if the weapons those Vallorians held were of the bones?
says Phaern, trying to examine the weapons himself to see if he can tell.

Rybaer

First Post
Leesea will do what she can to inspect the vallorian's weapons. She's not entirely sure what to look for, but hopes that something distinguishing about them will tip her off.

ooc - any of a number of knowledge skills in the +10 to +14 range.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hmm, thanks Dak. I think it might be best to ambush the group that is closest, collect more evidence, then confront the shadow serpent." Phaern says, hoping no one notices that he is starting to lean towards whatever plan prolongs the inevitable.

Gideon

First Post
Atlas

*Atlas smiles as the decision is reached and gives the same small nod of his head.

"Then we seek the small group first, now or later?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Thusly decided, the group heads towards the smaller group of valorians. Creeping upon them takes about little more than a day. Dak can tell by the absence of the Green around their lair that you are close, and the acrid stench that permeates the caverns gives the rest of you ample evidence. Phaern can sneak closer to determine the valorians have several vats carved into the cave floor that hold seething chemicals; the growth solution for their organic weapons and armor. The three vats are carefully tended by at least two people at a time, leaving the other six to practice with their weaponry, plot, eat, or sleep. The cavern where they stay is small, not much more than twenty feet around, with two exits of comfortable size for them across from each other. There is no light within the cavern, as the valorians are comfortable in the dark.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaern returns to the group after scouting (probably with Leesea) and informs them all of what he saw. "The way I see it we have two objectives here, first of all we want to defeat those Valorians working here and capture their technology. But second, I think it would be important to prevent them from escaping to warn the others or the Shadow Serpent of our presence. Having read up on some of the tactics used by giant magisters during the war, I remember that a few of them who attacked a Dramohj in his underground lair cut off his retreat by locking the room closed with Eldritch Walls. I know of that spell, if we can spare the time for me to read up a bit more on it?"

Remove ads