[AU] Stone Bones

Erekose13

Explorer
"Ah the weapons, good idea. Did those we defeated have any of these weapons? If so we may not have to liberate any more." replies Phaern.

Gideon

First Post
Atlas

Erekose13 said:
"Ah the weapons, good idea. Did those we defeated have any of these weapons? If so we may not have to liberate any more." replies Phaern.

*Looking over at his long time travelling companion quickly Some of us will enjoy liberating weapons

*and then turns bag to Phaern "The community is small? But how small? I would assume much larger than our small band and possibly more skilled."

*Looking over at Dak "Could you have the spirits speak to the serpent and tell them of the pain the digging is causing?"

Rybaer

First Post
ooc - Sorry, been slow posting lately. Yes, Leesea would have divulged all the info from the Akashic memory.

"Excellent idea, Kelthet," Leesea says. "I'd prefer to avoid the vallorians as much as possible, but using their weapons might be just the thing to sway the serpent. Unless anyone has a better suggestion, I say we try to do just that."

Erekose13

Explorer
"How small is small? Hmm I don't know. Dak did your link to the green give any more definitive answer about how many Vallorians there are with the Shadow Serpent? Though Atlas from my research I believe that in general the spirits only speak to those who have a more intimate connection to the Green as Dak here does. Though I suppose they spoke to us didn't they? I would assume since they came to us they were unable to speak directly to their protector."

"As for avoiding these Vallorians, I don't know if we can avoid them completely. I would however like to have the Shadow Serpent on our side before encountering them again."
says Phaern as the group discusses their plans.

[ooc: Dont want to step on toes, but without Manifold at the helm, Dak is not answering for the moment so hope you dont mind my answering for him.]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Dak thinks the closer little enclave of vallorians is about twelve. As for those currently with the Shadow Serpent, there are only about five with him, and most of the rest are grayfolk slaves, with the occasional other odd creature.*

Gideon

First Post
Atlas

"The numbers aren't horribly against us although we have no real gauge of their skill or capabilities. It still seems best to speak with the serpent."

*Atlas says thinking out load as he stares off slightly absorbing all of the information from the group.

Erekose13

Explorer
"So our plan then is to approach the Shadow Serpent and deal with the smaller group of Vallorians at the same time we are trying to convince the serpent to come to it's senses? I wonder if there is anyway that we could lure it away from even the small group. That way we might have a chance to talk to it without the threat of combat. Another option is to deal with the larger group as there is more likely damning evidence among the enclave than we already have." says Phaern, joining Atlas in his open ruminations.

Ashy

First Post
Darthallys speaks without opening his eyes. It is clear that he has been lying there listening for some time. "If the Serpent inhabits these veins, could we not simply locate some of the veins that are outside the sphere of influence of those simple-minded fools?"

dead_radish

Explorer
*Kelthet considers Dar's comments.* "Perhaps we could at that. Dak, could such a thing happen?" *He shrugs.* "If not, many of us chosen for this quest are warriors, not negotiators - the Bones called us for a reason. If we need to bring the fight to them, so be it. In fact, this reminds me of a battle I once heard about, where a small band of litorians was beset by a large force of Chorrim beneath Mount Kajel. The Litorians were unique, because rather than their tribal warclubs, they were all equipped with a modified sort of spear - the head was sharpened on all sides, and there were blades embedded in the haft at points as well. It seems that with those, they...." *He trails off.* "Well, that was different, I guess...."

Gideon

First Post
Atlas

*Kelthet's comments bring a nod from Atlas

"We are warriors but there is no reason to waste life. Will the veins of color speak with the shadow serpent?"

Remove ads